'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
zakopiecfx

Re: 'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Post by zakopiecfx »

Hi.I'm new one. How can I get for test or for use ATM ;)

Xypaa

Post by Xypaa »

HI I installed but testing profile fields are not effective. how to work and fill it

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Zakopiecfx & Xypaa,

The full-features of the application are now available to our subscribers. As part of participating in our beta, you should have received information that gives a discount for upgrading.

Hope this helps.

loldlm1

Post by loldlm1 »

How can i become a subscriber to have full access to the Advanced Tester? I am looking where to buy a license for it but i cant or not sure where to get it.

Hope any admin can help me ASAP. Thanks!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Loldlm1,

Advanced Tester access is given to all holders of a Tickstory subscription. You can purchase a Tickstory license from this page. Once you have activated Tickstory, your license will also work for the Advanced Tester. Note that the Advanced Tester will remain active while you have an active subscription. For the Standard version, please make sure you check the subscription box on purchase so your subscription is renewed monthly. For the Professional version, 12-months of subscription is included.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks.

tradingdelightful

Post by tradingdelightful »

your latest version of the advanced tester expired.
Is there a way i can get it to work again for me?
Attachments
atm expired.PNG
atm expired.PNG (3.99 KiB) Viewed 691190 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi @Tradingdelightful,

The latest version 0.0.0.18 is now available on the beta download link.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Advanced Tester v0.0.4.23b is now available! Please download it from our Beta Page.

Happy back-testing!

jgt

Post by jgt »

I've bought TickStory Professional today and downloaded the ATM.

I am trying to get it up and running with the manual, but some short YouTube video would be helpful! :D

I have my own EA coded for which I need to run optimizations to find the optimal parameters, will the Walk Forward Analysis help with this? and how? because I can't seem to be able to input settings for which I need optimization within the algo, as how I can with MT4 itself (start - step - stop)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jgt,

Welcome aboard! We haven't yet made any videos for the Walk-forward analyzer but intend to do so once we are fully out of beta. For the moment, we are channeling all the feedback we are getting to ensuring our documentation is complete.

Regarding optimizations, the first step would be to make sure you are familiar with the Metatrader Optimization documentation. The documentation explains how you can configure your EA so it can be used in the optimizer. That is, your EA must have parameters (for example, "take profit" and "stop loss" settings) that the MT4 Strategy Tester can iterate through while testing and show you the results.

Once you are more familiar with this MT4 feature, Tickstory's Walk-forward takes it to another level by allowing you to test with in and out of sample data (as explained in more detail in our manual). This feature uses the MT4 Strategy Optimizer over portions of your historical data to make sure it is not being "curve-fitted" to a particular set of data. In other words, the WFA will give you more confidence that your final optimized settings are working well on "unseen" data and therefore should work better in a live environment. The WFA will automatically traverse the in and out of sample data periods you have set. For example, you may choose to optimize for 30 days of "in-sample" data and then perform an out-of-sample test for 6 days and keep doing this for a period of 1 years. The WFA will perform all these tests inside MT4 Optimizer and finally generate a report of the results.
The details of how to interpret the report are discussed in the manual.

Hope this gives you enough to start with!