'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Discussion of the latest application betas including reports of bugs, issues and suggestions before it is made available as a general release.
tickstory

Re: 'Advanced Tester' beta now available!

Post by tickstory »

Hi Elliot,

Thanks for your report. Could you please download the recently released v0.0.3.12 and see if this fixes the problem for you?
Given that we cannot reproduce the error you are seeing, we believe there may be a lingering config file which might be the cause.
If so, this version will handle that possibility.

Thanks.

elliot_123

Post by elliot_123 »

It seems to be testing well now after updating. i dont think the error affected the testing. but how do I get swap in the testing. I put it in the settings but dont see it in their when i export the html from mt4

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Elliot,

Good to hear the problem is not there anymore.
Regarding the swap - it's not clear where you are expecting to see this information?

Thanks.

elliot_123

Post by elliot_123 »

i got the latest version. it seemed to have crashed mt4 when i selected swap long and short in the settings. i inputed -6 for long and -2 for short and 3 days swap nothing(i did not know what to put in their for the values). it does test fine without this

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Elliot,

We were unable to reproduce the crashing using the settings you mention. One thing, however, please make sure that the tester is not in the middle of the test when you change these settings. This could cause unexpected behavior like the crashes you mention.

Thanks.

StephaneGrondin

Post by StephaneGrondin »

Hello,

A quick question, has the version AdvancedTester version 0.0.3.18 expired ? I have a message asking me to download a new update, but it seem i do have the latest version according to the email and the link in said email. Thank you for your time.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Stephane,

Yes, we are regularly updating the beta versions to ensure everyone is using the latest version. The software has just been updated to v0.0.3.19 - kindly click on the same link as before and you will get this latest version.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks.

komeyria55

Post by komeyria55 »

the download link does not work. it says connection reset on ms edge

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Komeyria55,

Could you please make sure your anti-virus is not interfering with the download process? You can do this by temporarily switching it off and trying the link again.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

After almost a year of enhancing and testing, we are almost ready to go live! All beta testers should have received an email regarding how to access the latest version and also a little 'thank you' for participating.

For those who provided feedback in this forum, we will be contacting you shortly to give you an extra token of 'Thanks' for taking the time to provide feedback and assist us finding bugs.

Subscribe to our Facebook or Twitter page for on-going progress updates!

..And Happy back-testing ;)