multi time frame EA and HST files

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
DudaoRJ

multi time frame EA and HST files

Post by DudaoRJ »

I've learned and should warn the community that for multi time frame coding you must also set the HST files that Tickstory saves as read-only. You have to do it manually.

This solved an issue I was having with EURUSD, HOWEVER the issue remains with SP500. I can run it normally with other EAs, but my multi time frame EA only runs on the SP500 when I try it again for the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Then it runs flawlessly. The error is a zero divide on an iMA calculation since it retuns zero for an iMA that I'm using in a calculation (I do have plenty of bars "behind" for proper calculation). Any clues?

Thank you.
Eddie

PS: you have to tweak Tickstory "Symbol properties" setup and correct the default settings for the SP500 to work at all. For example, currency is set as "USA" instead of "USD" and Profit Calculation and Margin Calculation modes are set to 0 instead of 1. You also have to input your broker`s symbol name on the "map to" field. Other adjustments have to be done on tick size, lot size, etc., but I'm still figuring those out.

DudaoRJ

Re: multi time frame EA and HST files

Post by DudaoRJ »

UPDATE: I've put the EURUSD to run for a long time and in the middle of the test it gave the bloody error. And restarting the MT4 terminal also produced the error once again like before, at the very beggining. So putting the HST files as read-only actually didn't solve the issue at all. It either runs and stops in the middle or doesn't run at all after 2 or 3 tries.

tickstory

Re: multi time frame EA and HST files

Post by tickstory »

Hi DundasRJ,

Thanks for your post. The SP500 settings are covered in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=811

As for the "error" you are getting while back-testing, what is it? Is it EA-specific or something MT4 is putting up?

Thanks.