v0.8 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

v0.8 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The latest update of Tickstory Lite v0.8 is out!

Featured in this version are a number of improvements and fixes. Of particular note is a duplicate tick filter and also a fix for an issue affecting certain symbols with an 'invalid file' error.

The full list of enhancements are listed below:

New Feature
•[TICKLITE-62] File export: Added 30 minute, 4-hour and 12-hour export time-frames.
•[TICKLITE-64] MT4 Export: Allow filtering of duplicate ticks.
•[TICKLITE-86] MT4 Export: Allows overwrite protection of FXT files by making them read-only.

Improvement
•[TICKLITE-59] MT4 Export: Externalised 'Margin Divider' field so it can be custom set (previously was fixed to 1.0).
•[TICKLITE-66] MT4 Export: Automatically defaults the 'MetaTrader Info' symbol to the first symbol selected for export.
•[TICKLITE-67] Application can be installed and run without elevated administrator permissions under Windows 7+.
•[TICKLITE-70] Added toolbar button to "Launch MT4"
•[TICKLITE-71] MT4 Export: Round prices to the number of instrument 'digits' (for those brokers not supporting fractional prices).
•[TICKLITE-72] MT4 Export: Removed "default" server when selecting an MT4 terminal server.
•[TICKLITE-73] Highlight the currently selected MT4 folder when showing folder selection box.
•[TICKLITE-74] MT4 Export: Allow suppression of volume information when generating export.
•[TICKLITE-75] MT4 Launcher: Now brings MT4 terminal window to foreground when launched.
•[TICKLITE-77] MT4/File Export: Date format for date selection now uses regional settings (as opposed to preset format).
•[TICKLITE-81] Added Facebook 'Like' button.
•[TICKLITE-82] Log information can now be copied to clipboard.
•[TICKLITE-89] MT4 Export: Volume can never be zero (to resolve issue TICKLITE-60). Zero volume bars will be set to 1.

Fixes
•[TICKLITE-60] MT4 Export: Fixed issue with 'invalid file' error on backtest. (See the forum for further details: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3e332#p349)
•[TICKLITE-69] MT4 Launcher: Was sometimes incorrectly giving error message on second launch (only affects only Build 432).
•[TICKLITE-76] MT4 Export: Specification of custom export directories was not working.
•[TICKLITE-80] MT4 Export: XAUUSD and XAGUSD should be defined as 3-digits in "Generic 5-Digit Broker" config
•[TICKLITE-84] MT4 Export: Weekly/monthly bars were getting filtered when they occurred on the weekend.
•[TICKLITE-85] MT4 Export: Bar start times should start on the hour for time-frames > 1 minute.
•[TICKLITE-87] MT4 Export: Data download wasn't working correctly if the Dukascopy store location had a ending back-slash.

You will also notice that there is a Facebook 'Like' button now in the app. Don't be afraid to press it if you do like it - it's a good way to show your support!

Happy back-testing!

tickstory

Re: v0.8 Released!

Post by tickstory »

For those using v0.8RC, the following changes have been made for the official v0.8 release:

•[TICKLITE-60] MT4 Export: Fixed issue with 'invalid file' error on backtest.
•[TICKLITE-74] MT4 Export: Allow suppression of volume information when generating export.
•[TICKLITE-86] MT4 Export: Allows overwrite protection of FXT files by making them read-only.
•[TICKLITE-89] MT4 Export: Volume can never be zero (to resolve issue TICKLITE-60). Zero volume bars will be set to 1.

Upgrading to the official release is highly recommended.

radu

Post by radu »

Thanks for the new version. Hungarian translation of the changelog available here.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks Radu!

allyfx

Post by allyfx »

Hi Tickstory Team,

Thank you for the update, i am using the new version now. It says on your front page that Visualizing tick data on a chart will be available soon, any idea when this release will be available. this is the main one i need as it will greatly enhance my trading, even if its in a paid version i definitely want this.

I admire all the work you have done so far and please keep it up. :)

Many thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi allyfx,

Thanks for your feedback. The charting feature should be available very soon - in the next version or the one after. Is there a specific feature that you are looking for in the charts or merely to view the data?

Regards.

allyfx

Post by allyfx »

Hi Tickstory Team,

I need to visualize the charts on the 1 minute timeframe, what i will then do is add it to the Renko EA indicator that i have. this will bring up another chart in the offline mode. The idea is to have all the years of data linked to the Renko chart and play with the timeframes to spot definite trends that are happening and trade accordingly. You guys are the winning formula i need.

Many thanks for the reply

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi allyfx,

Just to temper your expectations, the initial version of the charts will be very rudimentary with the intent on allowing users to inspect the underlying data before exporting. Renko charts aren't going to be available, however I'm not sure whether you can already do what you need by exporting to MT4?

Regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The software has just been updated to v0.8.1 which includes a fix to address a launcher issue that some users were having on some platforms. Summary of added features are:

New feature
•[TICKLITE-88] Add new timezone that supports NY trading hours (see discussion here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131).

Improvement
•[TICKLITE-95] Clarified message when users could not select an MT4 folder location (see discussion: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145).

Fixes
•[TICKLITE-92] MT4 Launcher: Issue with launcher for some users (causing FXT to be overwritten) (see symptoms here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142)

For the new time-zone feature, you can select the New York time-zone as the first item in the drop-down option in both the file and MT4 export screens. It appears as "EST +07:00 New York trading Hours".

Happy back-testing!