Confirmation of 99.9% accurate data in MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
keenuo

Confirmation of 99.9% accurate data in MT4

Post by keenuo »

Hello traders,

I'm new to EA and I'm trying to confirm that the data I'm using is indeed tick by tick, 99.9% accuracy. At times I see 99.9% under the 'Graph' tab. However, this is not always the case.

Also, anyway I can prevent MT4 from downloading time frames that are not tick by tick. To save space, I downloaded only select timeframes. However, when I select a timeframe that was not downloaded using Tickstory, MT4 downloads it and then I get a little confused which timeframe are accurate and which are not.

Please advise.

Many Thanks.

tickstory

Re: Confirmation of 99.9% accurate data in MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kennuo,

If you are not getting 99% in the 'Report' tab after your back-test, it means one of the back-testing steps (as described in this video: https://youtu.be/084k9fJCeCY) has not been done correctly. If you are constantly working with multiple time-frames, it might be easier to export all time-frames to make sure you don't inadvertently try to test with a time-frame you have not exported. This could be the reason why you are not getting 99% results on some tests.

If you are always using, say the M15 time-frame during your back-testing, then select only this time-frame when you export from Tickstory. This will generate an FXT file for only that symbol and time-frame (there is a section in the manual that describes what HST/FXT are used for, although it is not a mandatory read, it might be helpful to know). If you want to save space, you can remove the FXT files for any particular symbol and time-frame that you don't need, bearing in mind that if you subsequently try to test with that symbol and time frame you will not get 99% results.

Hope this helps.