v1.9 Released! (Lite, Standard & Professional)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.9 Released! (Lite, Standard & Professional)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kwanann,

Appreciate the extra details. In the first instance, could you please check in your MT4 terminal's History Center and see what data is actually there? If your terminal is currently connected, there is a possibility that your broker's data is overwriting/back-filling over your export.

If this checks out ok, could you please try reducing your export size? There are limits into the data volume that MT4 can handle. If you try exporting 2 years of data (using another terminal if you don't want to overwrite your current export) and see if that has the correct result? Also, do make sure that the "Use date" is unchecked to ensure all data is processed.

Thanks.

FFXT

Post by FFXT »

where do I find download link?
Subscribers can use their download links to obtain this latest version.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi FFXT,

The download link is the same one you received in your email when you purchased Tickstory. We have resent the details to your email address just now.

Thanks.

cmcmgoo

Post by cmcmgoo »

Hi,

I just subscribed to Tickstory.

1) I am having MT4 Build 1335. I cant load my MT4 via Tickstory. Pls help.
2) When exporting data into MT4, if my test is only on H1 timeframe, is it mean that I can exclude other time frame (M1/M5/M30...etc) to save storage?
3) When exporting data into MT4 running with different broker server, do we need to adjust "Time Shift"? If our EA has trading time parameter base on the MT4 platform, what is the correct way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Goo

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cmcmgoo,

Thanks for joining us! In response to your questions:

1) Could you please give further information of the problem you are getting? We have tested with the latest MT4 Build 1335 and there should be no issues.
2) That's correct. Only export the time-frames you use by checking the corresponding "FXT Time-frame" in the MT4 export box. In your case it will be only the H1 time-frame. This will save a lot of space as the other tick datasets will not be created.
3) Ideally, you should match the time-zone of the broker you intend to go live with. This will avoid any need to change your configuration between the test and live environments. Please see our manual for a more comprehensive discussion about time-zones. Here is also a similar thread which should help answer your question further (found by searching the forum for "time-zone").

Hope this helps.

cmcmgoo

Post by cmcmgoo »

Hi,

1) The error I got when launching 1335 MT4 with the Tickstory is: A suitable launcher could not be found for your metatrader version.
My tickstory is from the download link u sent in the mail, version 1.9.6.2 , build 24Jan2021.

Goo

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cmcmgoo,

The Tickstory version you have has been tested with Build 1335. We have sent you an email to assist further.
In the mean-time, kindly go through this item in our FAQ to see if this helps resolve your launch issue.

Thanks.

cmcmgoo

Post by cmcmgoo »

Hi,

Thank you very much. "Run as administrator" solved my problem.

Goo

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's great to hear, Goo! You're welcome.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi fellow Tickstorians,

v1.9.6.4 (Lite, Standard & Professional) has just been released! In this version, we introduce support for augmenting the file export tokens such as adding a spread to the Bid/Ask price. In addition, this version also supports the most recent versions (tested with Metatrader 4 Build 1343).

The summary changes are as follows:

• New – MT4 Launcher: Add support for Metatrader Build 1342/3
• New – MT4 Launcher: Optimized launcher startup time
• New – File Export: New token support allowing calculations such as adding extra spread within Bid/Ask.
• New – Added Dukascopy Soyabeans commodity symbol (SOYABEAN.CMD)
• New – Allow users to extend their subscription from the License screen

Please check out our release notes for more information.

Don't forget that Tickstory is now compatible with our Advanced Tester. If you have AT installed, Tickstory will automatically launch it to provide you with superior back-testing power! We are in final beta stages, so try it out if you haven't already!

Happy back-testing!