BTCUSD Backtest Issue

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
acosma

BTCUSD Backtest Issue

Post by acosma »

Hi, I followed the procedure in this link: viewtopic.php?p=3663&sid=cb7c36bc72c8d4 ... 7391#p3663 in order to correctly backtest BTCUSD,
I've put all the correct parameters in the fields but anyway when I backtest the ea seems to open and modify trades in a wrong way, also another issue that I have is that although I've exported only 6 months of BTCUSD when I launch metatrader there is the error the max data of 365 days reached, so I temporarly moved the files in another directory, load the metatrader from tickstory and then re-move the files under the tester/history folder to run the backtest.
So how can be BTCUSD tested correctly without problems ?

these are the parameters that I used for export BTCUSD
Immagine.png

thanks.

tickstory

Re: BTCUSD Backtest Issue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Acosma,

In order to get your BTCUSD settings from your broker, all you need to do is select the corresponding symbol in the "Map to" field in the Export to MT4->MT4 Settings box. When you do this, Tickstory will automatically get all the settings for the selected instrument (i.e. BTCUSD) from your broker terminal. (This feature has been available since Tickstory v1.9.5.4 so make sure you are working on the latest version).

Once you have done this and if the problem still occurs, could you please elaborate on the problem with the trades being "opened and modified in the wrong way"?

Thanks.

acosma

Post by acosma »

Hi, I installed a new and fresh mt4 on my pc,
I logged in to the demo account of the broker on this mt4 and I quit the mt4,
I selected on tickstory the correct path to the new mt4 as in this image:
Immagine1.png
I made the mt4 config file of my broker and loaded it on tickstory,
then I went to MAP TO and as you can see in the available instruments there is only BTCUSDe but the broker instrument is just BTCUSD without e suffix:
Immagine2.png
So first question is it correct that there is BTCUSDe instead of BTCUSD?
I logged before on my demo account in the mt4.

anyway I selected BTCUSDe and these are the loaded parameters:
Immagine3.png
then I exported only 6 months but after launching the mt4 from Tickstory it says that only 365 days is permitted as export, why ? I exported only 6 months and there are no other exports, it's a fresh mt4 install.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Acosma,

There may be some residual data files in your <MT4 Data Folder>/tester/history folder. Please all *.fxt files have been removed, other than the one that contains the 6 months of data.

Thanks.