Exporting downloaded data to MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Y_Kan

Exporting downloaded data to MT4

Post by Y_Kan »

Hi tickstory/forum members,

I just upgraded to Tickstory Standard.
I downloaded the last 2 years of data first( via the right click 'Download for EURUSD,GPBUSD etc.

I had gone into the "Export to MT4" option with the Lite version and already associated the MT4 install to use.

How do I actually export the data already downloaded( via right click, "Download..." option) to MT4? Is there a video?
( I did not use the "Export to MT4" option shown in the video on youtube of direct export to MT4.

Suggesting: You need to improve video instructions as I could not find a suitable one to follow for my situation. They appear to be out of date (from 3 years ago) and miss certain things , like now there are a few extra boxes in the Settings compared to 3 years ago:)

Regards
Y_Kan

tickstory

Re: Exporting downloaded data to MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Y_Kan,

I assume you are referring to this video that describes how to export and test with MT4. Could you please let us know what needs further explanation and we can give you a hand? Note that YouTube doesn't allow videos to be updated but we do keep our manual up-to-date with the latest features.

FYI, the "Download" function simply caches the tick data to your hard drive. The 'Download' function is not a compulsory step since the "Export to MT4" option will do this already if the data does not exist on your local hard drive.

Thanks.