How much GB is 10 years data 28 pairs

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: How much GB is 10 years data 28 pairs

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erpthetrader,

All you should need to do is select 'Download' on the EURAUD pair and then select the date range that is missing. The date ranges available for each symbol are listed here.

Hope this helps.

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

Ok will do but how come when its already exported to my mt4 how is the data missing
Attachments
tickstory pic 2.png

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

how would i solve this do i just wait?
Attachments
tickstory 3.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

Yes, Tickstory will retry any failed attempts to download the data. This could occur if the server is currently busy (eg. trying to download too many symbols at once) or slow internet connection.

Thanks.

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

ok thanks again

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

So sorry to keep disturbing but i dont get this... why is my external hardrive almost full but the data of all my symbols are not loading properly... i clicked "Launch Metatrader 4 for Backtesting" the mt4 loads up but doesnt have my 10 year backtest... and before it would be there
Last edited by erpthetrader on Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

how can i avoid this ? when i load mt4 from my external hard drive no data , also when i launch mt4 from tickstory still no data
Attachments
tickstory 4.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erptrader,

The screenshot you gave looks like it is proceeding with the back-test correctly?

If you are not seeing the data, could you please make sure you have done the following:

1) In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, please make sure you have added the command switch "/portable" (without quotes) to your launch parameters (more info in our manual).

2) In the same settings screen, check that your Data folder is configured to point to your external folder location.

3) Double-check that MT4 is starting in portable mode by going to File->Open Data folder in MT4, and ensuring it opens and show the expected external folder location. This data folder location should be the same as you see in the Tickstory settings. If you see the correct location, then you should also see all the data you exported in the tester/history folder. There will be a series of large *.fxt files.
If these files don't exist or seem small (a few mb vs gb), then please export your data again before proceeding.

4) Perform a back-test - are you getting 99.9% modelling quality? If no, one of the steps above hasn't been executed correctly. Please check here to trouble-shoot this problem.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know which step is causing a problem. If you are getting a specific error, some information that would help would include sending a screenshot of the error and the contents of the folder described in Step 3.

Thanks.