No data for testing/Invalid File

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Foréxitos

No data for testing/Invalid File

Post by Foréxitos »

Hello, I downloaded the platform “Tickstory Lite”, I followed the series of steps to locate my MT4 folder and my broker, I downloaded EURUSD to MT4, and it seems that there are no errors but the EA does not run. see what's next ... what am I doing wrong? Greetings.
Attachments
Tickstory Lite 0.03.jpg
Tickstory Lite 0.02.jpg
Tickstory Lite 0.01.jpg

tickstory

Re: No data for testing/Invalid File

Post by tickstory »

Hi Foréxitos,

Please check the following:

- If you have the "Use dates" option checked in the Strategy Tester, could you please uncheck it and see if that helps?
- If you have Tickstory or another instance of MT4 open, could you please exit them just as a precaution in case there are files being locked.
- If the above doesn't help, can you please restart MT4 and then check in MT4's Tools->History Center to see if the data that you exported is there. If it is, please try testing again.

Thanks.

COGSx86

Post by COGSx86 »

tickstory wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 pm
Hi Foréxitos,

Please check the following:

- If you have the "Use dates" option checked in the Strategy Tester, could you please uncheck it and see if that helps?
- If you have Tickstory or another instance of MT4 open, could you please exit them just as a precaution in case there are files being locked.
- If the above doesn't help, can you please restart MT4 and then check in MT4's Tools->History Center to see if the data that you exported is there. If it is, please try testing again.

Thanks.
Hey
This past weekend updated to the new tickstory and am running into this same problem.

1) Had no effect

2) Closed all

3) History center is emtpy

When I go to this "History file of Mt4" C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\tester\history
the _fxt files are shown with the byte size

But in the terminal history "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\history" it shows 10kb symbols.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi COGSx86,

Could you please confirm which version of Tickstory version you are using (including Lite/Standard) along with your MT4 version?
If you log out of MT4 (File->Login to Trade account and type an incorrect password) and then re-export, do the HST/FXT files show up correctly?

Thanks.