Optimization data error

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
gsolomos

Optimization data error

Post by gsolomos »

hi i am encountering an error when running optimizations. So this has happened before but all i did to fix it was delete all data and redownload it all. i tried it this time and nothing is working. i get 1 result and the rest of the inputs are 0 which makes no sense at all especially when my steps are so small on what i am optimizing and yes i have tried to test with out optimization and i get results but in optimization i am getting 0. please see screenshots. i also noticed this is happening when optimizing 2022 data. anywhere form January on. but if i try it in 2021 any months it works just fine. please let me know what is going on and how i can fix this. thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png

tickstory

Re: Optimization data error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gsolomos,

From our experience with the MT4 Optimization tester, here are some things you can try:

1) Try clearing the <DataFolder>/Tester/Cache directory in case the tester is used some past results (you should see this in the Journal if it is).
2) Right-click on the zero result, and "Set input parameters" and try a single test. If this is yielding results, then maybe try adjusting your optimization parameters to see if it makes any difference.
3) Try to make your exported data set smaller. If you are using larger than 4GB data (FXT) files, it could be that MT4 is running out of memory when performing the optimization. In this case, the only solution would be to test with a smaller date range.
4) If all the above fails, then you will need to add some logging to see if your EA is failing at some point and/or not running at all. This should give you an idea of how to proceed.

Hope this helps.