Using same EA with two different tickstory version

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
abigailcat

Using same EA with two different tickstory version

Post by abigailcat »

Hi,

I have an EA and it works with the free version of Tickstory. When I purchase the standard version, I can not open MT4 because I was using the 1359 build so I upgraded my MT4 version to 1367 and my EA did not work properly.

I contacted my EA developer and he sent me a new version of EA, at first look, EA works properly but there is a problem.

When I run the same set between two same time periods, it gives me two different Strategy Tester Reports.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

tickstory

Re: Using same EA with two different tickstory version

Post by tickstory »

Hi Abigailcat,

We can help if the issue relates to Tickstory. From the information you've provided, this doesn't seem to be the case. As far as the data generation goes between the Lite and Standard versions, they are identical.

If you are getting two different results between the two different versions of MT4 it can only be (in order of likelihood):

- Different EA parameters (eg. stop loss) or Strategy Tester parameters (e. initial margin setup, test date ranges, etc) being used in each terminal.
- Different exported data ranges and/or export settings when you exported from Tickstory to each MT4 terminal.
- Different behavior between the two versions of MT4 Strategy Tester (you will need to check with MT4's Release Notes between Builds 1359 and 1367 to see if this is likely).

Your best approach is to examine the first few trades of your EA on both systems and try to identify why they are different and make adjustments accordingly.

Hope this helps.