NO data for testing EURUSD H1

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
pisti1982

NO data for testing EURUSD H1

Post by pisti1982 »

Good morning,

I have downloaded the H1 history data for EURUSD since 2008 to 2014 with the new version 1.2 Tickstory. When I use the MT4 for testing I have only the datas since 2008 to 2011, for 2012 and 2013 an error message "no data for testing. I have checked the fxt file with MT$ data editor and the period is correct.

Please can you help me?

Thank you!!!!!

tickstory

Re: NO data for testing EURUSD H1

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pisti - the "no data for testing" message usually appears when you have either

1) Not launched MT4 via Tickstory or ;
2) You have not correctly mapped the symbol (eg. "EURUSD") to the actual symbol that is used in your MT4 (eg. "EURUSDm") or;
3) You have exported data to a different MT4 server (eg. "Alpari Demo") instead of the server you are logged into (The MT4 login screen prompts you which server to use on startup and it needs to match the server you have selected to export data to).

Hope this helps.

pisti1982

Post by pisti1982 »

Thank you for your help!

I believe it is the mapping....how can I mapp the EURUSD simbol in tickstory? I have tried to write EURUSDm in "mapp of" but I have the same problem...

Thank you!

gooly

Post by gooly »

To me happened the same last Sunday, Jan 5. They had all the time stamp of that day!
Like before with prev. versions I created m1-fxt files in tester/history for 28 pairs, which took a lot of time as I had to initiate it pair by pair.
But yesterday practically all pair-files were gone??
Only 2 remained with time stamp 05.01.2014 FTX-Files: EURGBP1_0.fxt, 267MB and USDCAD1_0.fxt 433MB and one EURUSD1_0.fxt 0 kB(!) and timestamp 7.1.2014.
This is exactly the time I started Tickstory ONLY to launch am mt4 for backtesting. Well backtesting failed: Fiel not found :twisted:

Could it be that because I set: delete prev hst and fxt-files has deleted my FXT-set despite my Ducaskopy-tickdata-base was not available - it is on a usb-hd that is normally not connected - and despite I did not ask Tickstory to create new hist.-files Tickstory has hasty deleted existing files?
Nothing else has touched or used the files in tester/history - that I can confirm.
hhmmppff

PS: Do I need HST-File-creation if I only want to backtest?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pisti,

When 'Exporting to MT4', select the 'Metatrader Info' tab and in the 'Maps To' field for EURUSD, enter "EURUSDm" (without the quotes). This will export EURUSD data into the MT4 symbol "EURUSDm". You should then see this data in the History Center in MT4. If you do not, then something has been done incorrectly.

Please also refer to the user manual for more information on this topic.

Kind regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi gooly,

Can you please refer to this thread which seems to be related to your issue:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... 246&p=1451

If you can add any further information then this will help us investigate. We have been unable to reproduce the issue so far.

Thanks.