v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Milanos

Re: v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Post by Milanos »

Hi, i have a problem with version 610 and the modelling quality. On every test the modelling quality shows as n/a :(

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Milanos,

Have you launched MT4 by pressing F8 in Tickstory? If so, can you try pressing it again once MT4 is loaded to see if there's some sort of timing issue?

Thanks.

dudest

Post by dudest »

tickstory wrote:Hi Marcel - we have tried it on Build 610 and we do not have the issue you describe.

Bohannonleo - thanks for your feedback. We have provided a Bitcoin and Litecoin addresses if you wish to donate. If you're not a crypto-currency aficionado, we'll add our PayPal address details as well (that is, tickstory [@] gmail [dot] com).

Kind regards.
Thanks for the super great work you do, and for releasing it for free.

I don't have much in the form of bitcoin/litecoin ( or paypal for that matter ) but I've sent what I can (paypal) as a thank you!

Cheers

ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Time Message
19-02-2014 14:28 Error occurred during download: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Tickstory Lite\GBPUSD\2013\01\19' is denied. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/GBPUS ... _ticks.bi5)

I have the above error. I have used 3 different MT4 from 3 different brokers.... same error on each of them.

Where have I gone wrong?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ozzy - Windows 7+ does not allow applications to store data in the Program Files folder. As such, you will need to change the location where this information is stored. In Tickstory, go to the File->Settings and set the Dukascopy store location to be something like "C:\Users\Username\TickData".

Dudest - many thanks for your contribution and support! We will return the favour when the 'primo' version of Tickstory is available ;)

Kind regards.

TickTester

Post by TickTester »

I'm using Tickstory 1.3rc2 and MT4 build 610. I'm launching MT4 through Tickstory along with the /portable switch. Everything works great except the tester/history/*.fxt files keep getting over written and then I have to export the data from Tickstory again as the history tick data is gone. Is there any way to prevent the data from being over written or deleted?

TickTester

Post by TickTester »

The strange thing is sometimes the window title says Overwrite Protection, and sometimes it does not. It would seem that Tickstory is able to turn on the Overwrite Protection sometimes, but not other times? This is with mt4 build 610. Not sure why that would be? I always launch MT4 via Tickstory. I don't even have an icon to launch my MT4 test platform, this way I never accidentally launch MT4 without doing it through tickstory.

rapple

Post by rapple »

Dear Tickstory

I am trying to deploy the 'TickstoryInfo' EA from the Help Tab but I get an error.

This is because the path now includes .....\MQL4\experts.....

Can you be corrected in the application

Thanks Rapple
Attachments
Tickstory.png

Threshold

Post by Threshold »

I am running MT4 build 610 windows 7 UAC OFF and latest version of Tickstory.
Tickstory is on E:\Tickstory
MT4 on G:\MetaTrader
Windows C:\
I am able to select the location of my MT$ in Tickstory settings and set up the server as well.
I have exported HST and FXT files and to their proper folders-
G:\MetaTrader 4\history\FXCM-AUDDemo01
G:\MetaTrader 4\tester\history

FXT are set up as read only.
I press F8 in Tickstory to boot MT4.
It boots.
I get this message from Tickstory as many others have mentioned:
Untitled.png
I close the message. My MT4 has normal title title:
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (8.56 KiB) Viewed 22759 times
Run a test on READ ONLY fxt.
Fails to load anything. Errors:
Untitled3.png
When I turn OFF read only it works. But the FXT is overwritten.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

TickTester - are you getting an error saying that Tickstory could not launch MT4? If so, does it mention it tried the launcher for Build 545+? If so, can you please try F8 again to see if there's some sort of timing issue?

Rapple - thanks for mentioning the issue. This issue has been addressed and will be available in the next update.

Threshold - from your error message screenshot it appears that you have not downloaded the latest version of Tickstory (v1.3RC2 - the link is on the first page of this thread). If you have the latest version, the launcher error message will mention it tried to launch Build 545+ if there was any problem.

Regards.