Problem when exporting data to MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
swordfish

Re: Problem when exporting data to MT4

Post by swordfish »

image url

MT4 is installed in C:\programs outside\MT4 tickstory.
What did I do wrong?
Please help. Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Swordfish,

If you are sure you have correctly invoked Tickstory from a folder other than "Program Files" (check your short-cut just in case), then also check your Dukascopy store folder setting to ensure it isn't pointing to this location. In Tickstory, go to File->Settings and change the 'Dukascopy store folder' location to somewhere where you have permission to write (such as the Documents folder).

Hope this helps.

swordfish

Post by swordfish »

tickstory wrote:Hi Swordfish,

If you are sure you have correctly invoked Tickstory from a folder other than "Program Files" (check your short-cut just in case), then also check your Dukascopy store folder setting to ensure it isn't pointing to this location. In Tickstory, go to File->Settings and change the 'Dukascopy store folder' location to somewhere where you have permission to write (such as the Documents folder).

Hope this helps.
I tried again using all default downloading settings. Same error. I am not clear where I should install tickstory program. Compare mine with your YouTube installation, I don't understand the difference. I am using Win 8.1. There is no option "Open as Administrator" when I installed the exe file.
upload pictures free

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Swordfish,

The Youtube demonstration was made on Windows XP. Windows 8.1 is unfortunately slightly different in that it does not permit files to be written to the "Program Files" directory without Administrator permissions.

To solve your issue, please follow these steps:

1) Go to Tickstory File->Settings->Dukascopy Datasource (i.e. the same setting as your screenshot)
2) Click the 'Store location' 'Folder' button so the folder selection box appears.
3) Choose the "Documents" folder from the selection box.
4) Create a new folder called "Data", ensure it is selected and then press OK. Your new store location should now look something like C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Data.
5) Try downloading data again. You should receive no more errors.

Please let us know how you go.