Remote Support (Please)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Trader2384

Remote Support (Please)

Post by Trader2384 »

Is there any possibility of you logging into my pc to make sure things are configured properly. I having been spending hours and hours trying to setup a proper testing environment and am running into hitch after hitch. Currently, test take a long time to prep before actually starting. This did not used to be the case. I think a few minutes of focused troubleshooting will help a lot. I will be happily recommend Tickstory to others if I can get it working. Thank you :)

tickstory

Re: Remote Support (Please)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader2384,

Before we consider other support options, is it possible to elaborate on the "hitches" you're coming across?
The chances are that other people may be having similar issues so it's easier if we document the solution so it will assist others (or update our documentation accordingly).

If you have some screenshots, this will also help.

Many thanks.

Trader2384

Post by Trader2384 »

for example, when I run a test on tickstory data it hangs on the attached template for a while (a minute or so) before loading the actual tester.tpl file:
1.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader2384,

Not sure what you mean by "hangs" and in fact what you are trying to do at the time it is hanging. Note that Tickstory doesn't do anything with template files so it sounds like something that is MT4 specific.

Regards.

Trader2384

Post by Trader2384 »

to clarify: the test does not start immediately upon pressing the tester start button. From the moment I press the start button until the moment the test starts running on the chart in visual mode there is a delay of 15 seconds to a minute. During this time, the chart appears to be loading bars in the history. Meaning, if you press the end button during this loading period you will see new bars being added to the chart. Once it is finished, the tester template appears and the test begins. In jounal, it says "2014.03.18 12:39:37.527 TestGenerator: actual tick file "C:\Users\...\MetaTrader - Exness\tester\history\EURUSDm15_0.fxt" found" during the loading period, and once the test begins it displays a message like "2014.03.18 12:40:49.137 time periods test inputs: MagicStart=6071;". In the past I recall there was not a delay when running tests, but they would begin immediately upon pressing the start button.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader2384,

Not sure why it is taking so long. It sounds like something is lagging on your PC. Maybe try a smaller export and see if that speeds things up. This would at least indicate whether the delay is related to the size of your data sample.

Hope this helps.

Trader2384

Post by Trader2384 »

it looks like the delay happens only when "use date" is selected. The farther date is from the beginning date of the data file, the longer it takes to load before running.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That could make sense. It could be that the back-tester scans through the entire dataset regardless of the start time and only begins running the EA after the start date is encountered.