v1.5 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
writegvf

Re: v1.5 Released!

Post by writegvf »

HI tickstory,
thanks for your reply and also for your wonderful product- I never will miss this important tool for traders !

The wti-data is now OK- but my strategy-tester cannot work with it, I do not understand why wti-backtesting is not working at the moment-
next week I will try again and give a short reply- Thomas.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Writegvf,

Thanks for your feedback. If you are having any issues with MT4 reporting that it "cannot calculate prices", then please check out this thread:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450

Kind regards.

triton

Post by triton »

Hi,

i'm new here!

Someone can help me to work v1.5 whit MT4 600+???

don't work.....

or can you indicate me what can i do? I need to test whit 99,90%, it's better to download some previous version of MT4? where can i find it?

Regards

writegvf

Post by writegvf »

Still not working with WTI-data; the error-message is as follows:

2014.06.04 18:44:57.066 Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated

I have downloaded the data with c.rate set to "1" as you mentioned in the viewtopic from above.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Triton,

Can you please post more detail about how it "doesnt work"? Are you getting an error when launching from Tickstory? What MT4 build are you using exactly?

Writegvf - could you kindly follow up your post in the mentioned thread as others may be able to assist. Please let us know also whether you also get the issue for the DAX as this should isolate the issue.

Thanks.

triton

Post by triton »

Hi tickstory,

thanks for response.. so:

1) i use the Tickstory v 1.5.1.0, of your good software! and i use format file build 545+ (to generate file)..

..i follow all your video steps for install and configuration
..i download data from dukascopy about a cross and than i open mt4 preconfigured from your tickstory lite sw

2) I try to upload data on MT4 of different brokers all versions are v4.00 build 646 (about 30 april 2014 or similar) and the others brokers are the same because when connection was established they make me automatic upgrade to this build...

i try too with a MT4 same build without first connection..

the messages log of software are

06-06-2014 00:33 Verificato un errore durante il download: Errore del server remoto: (404) Non trovato. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/CADJP ... _ticks.bi5)

and on details

Nome del prodotto: Tickstory Lite\r\nla versione del prodotto: 1.5.1.0\r\nDettagli:\r\nOperazione richiesta sugli Appunti non riuscita.
in System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
in System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
in ..()
in ..†(Object , EventArgs )
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

SO I LUNCH MT4 PLATFORM FROM TICKSTORY LITE BUT I CAN'T FIND DATA ON TESTER FOR BACKTEST

ps: if i need prevuois version to work better, whit your release, please tell me where can i find?!?! :roll:

REGARDS

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Triton - thanks for the further details. From translating the errors you are getting, it seems that Tickstory cannot get the data from the web for some reason. Could you firstly do the following in Tickstory:

1) Go to File->Settings
2) In the Dukascopy Datasource tab, press the "Test" button. If your configuration and network is correct, you should get an "OK" message. If not, please let us know the error message you get. The "404" error message you gave means that the server could not find the given URL (http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/CADJP ... _ticks.bi5), however when we click on it there is no such problem.

Make sure you only download one instrument at a time if you are having difficulty.

Hope this helps.

triton

Post by triton »

Hi Tickstory!!

here the steps that i did:

1) I installed Tickstory lite v1.5.1
2) I runned Test on menu File/Options/Dukascopy origin data-Test button
3) I set MT4 correct on istance of TradeFort (than I opened and connected on demo broker account for first installation)

4) I download data from dukascopy
5) I upload your Ea's TickstoryInfoExpert on generic chart of Mt4 and activate usual Ea's options, than i upload metatraderInfo on your software before export data in Mt4

a question.. why i find this files configuration

Mt4.Generic4DigitBroker.mt4config,
Mt4.FactoryDefault.mt4config,
Mt4.Default.mt4config

and not one whit name of broker that i use, in my case Tradefort (like your help indications writes)

6) I closed mt4 and..
5) I exported data on MT4
6) I launched MT4 from Tickstory lite with F8, the mt4 now are not connected on broker

7) MT4 Tradefort open correctly but i can't find data

http://s14.postimg.org/4u84c244h/image_ ... missed.png

please i can't understand where i fall :evil: :|

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Triton,

Thanks for the further details. Regarding your question 4), the *.config file for your broker will reside in the <MT4 DataFolder>\tester\files or <MT4 DataFolder>\MQL4\Files depending on whether you have run the Tickstory EA on the chart or from the tester. As such, when loading the *.config file you will need to search for the file in these locations.

Regarding step 7), I am not sure what your screenshot is trying to show. If you are trying to use the data you exported, all you need to do is select the instrument that you exported (EURUSD, for example) and then begin the back-test. The final back-test report should show that you have got 99.9% modelling quality which will indicate that you have successfully tested with tick data.

Hope this answers your questions.

triton

Post by triton »

Hi! guys

sorry for my insistance.. i'm trying to configure correctly all steps but...

1) the file .config THERE ISN'T IN TWO DIRECTORY THAT YOU TELL ME...
there isn't in MT4 DataFolder>\tester\files
and there isn't in <MT4 DataFolder>\MQL4\Files

i runned your eas directly on one chart when i installed mt4 first time, i opened a chart and i drugged an drop on it.. likle any EAS

2) than i downloaded data from dukascopy, i selected generic 5 digit file .config (because i can't find the one of mt4 broker configurated = TencoForex)..

i exported (step 1 in the image)
i selected parameters and cross from tester (step 2 on image) because isn't automatically selected when i lunch mt4 from tickstory (F8)
i lunched test and the result is on image attached (point 3 ???)

http://i61.tinypic.com/v45tz5.png

why??????????? the platform don't work whit correct data??? the files seem correct..

http://i58.tinypic.com/2retwno.png

I hope I was clear this time!

thanks & regards

so in