Tick data inspection

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Jorabi

Tick data inspection

Post by Jorabi »

I know that tick data includes Bid and Ask, but when I use the Data Inspector to view the tick data, it only shows the standard OHLCV columns. Is there a way to examine Bid/Ask data?

tickstory

Re: Tick data inspection

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jorabi,

There is a 'timeframe' combo box at the top of the data viewer next to the date range specification. Ensure the time-frame is set to 'Tick' to show tick data.

Regards.

Jorabi

Post by Jorabi »

Yes, it is set to Tick. But the column headings do not change to Bid/Ask when I choose Tick from the combo box.

The data shows, it just does not include Bid and Ask numbers.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Sorry, I see what you're saying. The inspector is only showing the Bid price as the 'Close' for the moment. The only workaround at this point is to export the range you want via the 'File export' feature. We'll note this as a future enhancements.

g412

Post by g412 »

Hello,

is there older data than the last one year for indices available?
When downloading there is only there seems only to be the last one year in 4 values (maybe this
is the OHLC but no tick data!?) .

Please someone advise,

thank you,

Guy

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Guy,

The data that Tickstory downloads is always tick granularity. You can attempt to download a specific date range using the "Download" function first and get "file not found" errors, this means the data is not available for this instrument for the requested date.

Hope this helps.