change server location

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
aljay

change server location

Post by aljay »

Hi I am using fxcm uk Demo and the server name is FXCM-GBPDemo01 but when I open the Tickstorylite and go to File Settings MT4Settings
it has Servername as FXCM-AUDDemo01 so how would I get it to change to the same server name as is on my Fxcm chart platform FXCM-GBPDemo01
I am in Australia but wish to use the FXCM UK Demo
thank you

tickstory

Re: change server location

Post by tickstory »

Hi Aljay,

The alternate server name should be available for selection via the 'Select' button in the MT4 Configuration settings. Tickstory detects available servers by checking for the corresponding named *.srv file that should reside in the {MT4 Data Folder}\config directory.

Regards.

aljay

Post by aljay »

Hi thank you for that but the server name I want is not included in those three selections

http://screencast.com/t/CyiEqCpWcFo

I do not undersand how to have it changed to the one that I need as FXCM-GBPDemo01
Aljay ( with old eyes )

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Aljay,

Check the mentioned directory to see if there is a corresponding *.srv file for FXCM-GBPDemo01 (i.e. FXCM-GBPDemo01.srv). If this file doesn't exist, this would explain why Tickstory is not picking it up. In this case, I can only imagine that either:

1) You have inadvertently selected the wrong MT4 Installation Folder which contains the server you are after. If you have two separate installations of FXCM, then ensure you have selected the correct one.

2) The "FXCM-AUDDemo01" and "FXCM-GBPDemo01" are actually the same thing (perhaps within MT4 it is known as FXCM-GBPDemo01). In this case, try exporting a specific date range for say EURUSD and see if you see the matching date range within MT4 Historical Data Center. If so, then they are the same.

Hope this helps.

aljay

Post by aljay »

Hi and thank you for the reply yes I did have two downloads of FXCM on my pc and it was all a mess so have been trying with clean start on my laptop and have just got it right did try to uninstall one of the two but for some reason it would not uninstall ?? hence the laptop so should be OK now thanks again for being there
aljay

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Alijay,

Good to hear that you resolved the issue.

Regards.