Set up OK but EA error

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
vidagig_13

Set up OK but EA error

Post by vidagig_13 »

I set up Tickstory and a test MT4 installation fine and it runs an every tick backtest fine on the sample MT4 EAs.
I made an EA using Forex Strategy Builder and exported it as and .EX4 file.
It backtests fine using 'every tick' on an MT4 installation using my broker's price data.
But it won't backtest and displays errors on the test MT4 version launched from Tickstory.

I have included screenshots of it running fine on my broker's MT4; of the error messages on the test MT4 launched from Tickstory, and the .hst files exported from Tickstory.

Any guidance much appreciated.
Attachments
.hst files exported from Tickstory to the Test MT4 installation
.hst files exported from Tickstory to the Test MT4 installation
My EA backtesting fine on my broker's MT4 installation and price data using 'every tick'
My EA backtesting fine on my broker's MT4 installation and price data using 'every tick'
My EA - errors displayed when trying to backtest using 'conrol points' or 'every tick'  on the Test MT4 installation launched from Tickstory.<br />But the sample EAs supplied with MT4 run fine. What is the problem, please?
My EA - errors displayed when trying to backtest using 'conrol points' or 'every tick' on the Test MT4 installation launched from Tickstory.
But the sample EAs supplied with MT4 run fine. What is the problem, please?

tickstory

Re: Set up OK but EA error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vidagig,

The error you have displayed on your screenshot relates to the fact that you have not enabled DLL calls in your MT4 configuration. Once you correct this (please consult the MT4 manual if you're not sure) it will resolve the two red 'x''s in your log.

Regards.