How can i transfer the licence to another computer?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
wemersonrv

How can i transfer the licence to another computer?

Post by wemersonrv »

Hi.

My computer is too slow, then i get a new and faster computer and need to transfer the license.

How can i do to make the license transfer to my new PC?

tickstory

Re: How can i transfer the licence to another computer?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Wemersonrv,

Just uninstall the software from your old PC and install it on the new one. Then apply your license.

Regards.

wemersonrv

Post by wemersonrv »

tickstory wrote:Hi Wemersonrv,

Just uninstall the software from your old PC and install it on the new one. Then apply your license.

Regards.
Ok, thanks!

mrbaker1917

Post by mrbaker1917 »

Hello, I am new to Tickstory, and I love it.

I have a question. I want to move the data from one machine to another. I think my license is for 2 machines, and I am only using it on one. Is there a way to move the data to the other machine? Can I simply copy the whole MT4 app with data and transfer it? I am just wondering whether I need to do the whole download thing again, or whether I can just move the data from one machine to another. Sorry, if this seems confused.

Mark

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind feedback. That is correct - a single-user license allows you to install Tickstory on up to 2 machines that you own. With regard to transferring the data to another machine, you can do this however it is a manual process.
The first step would be to copy (preferably zip as it will be faster) the contents of the Dukascopy Data Folder (see File->Settings->Dukascopy Store Folder for its location). You would then copy/unzip the contents to the Dukascopy Data Folder location on the new machine.

Transferring the MT4 Installation is a little trickier. If you're not running in "portable" mode (whereby your MT4 Installation and Data folder are kept together), the best approach is to re-export the data on the new installation. If you are familiar with the structure of MT4 Data folders (and re-exporting is not desirable for some reason), you can do the following steps:

1) On the old MT4 installation, locate the Data Folder (in MT4, go to File->Open Data Folder) and copy all the HST and FXT files in the respective folders.
2) Install MT4 on your new computer and then locate the Data Folder.
3) Copy all the HST & FXT data files to their respective folders and ensure they are marked as 'read-only'.
4) Install Tickstory, launch MT4 and back-test as usual.

Hope this helps!

roadrigoes

Post by roadrigoes »

I bought tick story in february , I bought light and professional .

I installed it on a fourth computer (2 licenses) , I could not manage to use on fourth computer , because the hard drive is too small for data. I have now tried to use a clone hard drive on another , after deleting the last installation from the fourth computer.

It come up with error 304. It won't activate.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Roadrigoes,

We've sent you a private message (top right menu) to assist you further.

Thanks.

apex17

Post by apex17 »

hey guys, i am having this issue as well. i downloaded this on my vps because i needed to do some testing when i was away from my computer and it took up my spot from my laptop. I deleted it from the vps system and it is still not allowing me to download. can someone please help me!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi @apex17,

Please check your private messages (top-right menu) for further assistance.

Thanks.