Tickstory 1.7.4.0 - Export to MT4 - create FXT file with 2GB

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
lifon

Tickstory 1.7.4.0 - Export to MT4 - create FXT file with 2GB

Post by lifon »

Hi,
I found big problem. Tickstory create FXT files too big. I downloaded data from 1.1.2015. One minute bars in HST file take about 30 MB, but in FXT file take about 2GB. Why? All files for one pair has the same size. 72 weekly bars too!

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Tickstory 1.7.4.0 - Export to MT4 - create FXT file with

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lifon,

The HST files only contain the candle information (OHLC) where as the FXT files contain all the tick data information, hence the difference in size. For the FXT files, the files for every timeframe are the same because they contain the same tick data.

Hope this helps!

HarrisonFX

Post by HarrisonFX »

Hello Tickstory

1) Why isnt tickstory able to use ONE fxt file for each timeframe that is to be tested? It would save alot of space! For example, I exported to MT4 an instrument with one tick file size 2.9 GB. Since there are seven timeframes the historical data occupied 21GB on my harddrive. I have about 8 other instruments to download/export.

Why oh why does tickstory work this way? If I launch MT4 through Tickstory isnt it possible to be clever about this?

P.S. I have ghe full version of tickstory but for some reason it says 'tickstory lite'. Ehy?

cheers

HarriFX

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi HarrisonFX,

That's correct - by it's design, MT4 requires an FXT per timeframe. While it would be ideal to just move/rename a single FXT file according to which timeframe you are using, unfortunately each of these FXT files are not exactly the same. In the "header" information of each FXT file, there is a field that denotes the timeframe. If this is not changed when the FXT file is renamed, then MT4 will refuse to use it.

Regarding your "Tickstory Lite" branding - we have improved this labelling in v1.7.5, however the definitive indication is that if you have the "unlocked" padlock on your toolbar, this indicates that your software has all the licensed functionality activated.

Regards.