Export to file - is not generating Tick data

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Roberto

Export to file - is not generating Tick data

Post by Roberto »

When I tried the "Export to file" option, and chose the "tick" option on the Timeframe field, I found that the export file is unusable. The csv file that is generated in the programfiles/Tickstory directory I found 126326 registers with only one tick that was repeated all over. I tried different symbols and different initial and end dates but the outcome was the same allways. I did not change any other options when generating the csv file (I used the default settings and just chose the tick Timeframe).

I would like to upload my csv file so that you can check it aso but I dont know how to attach a file to this message.

best regards.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Export to file - is not generating Tick data

Post by admin »

Please make sure you select the "Generic tick format (comma-delimited)". If you incorrectly select "Generic bar format" when using tick data you will get the result you described (since the system is generating ticks, not bars).

Please let me know how you go.

Regards.

Roberto

Post by Roberto »

The issue is resolved when choosing the correct format for the tick data that was being exported. It was my mistake.

All I had to do was choosing the following options:

1. Export to file
2. Data Output: Timeframe: Tick
3. Output format: Pre-defined: Generic tick format (comma delimited)

After that I run the CSV2FXT script and converted the tick data csv file to the corresponding fxt and hst files. Now everything is running ok when I do the backtesting. The instructions to run CSV2FXT script are at Birt´s website.

I haven´t tried yet the " Export to MT4 " option, but will try soon.

thanks a lot!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to hear you solved the issue, Roberto!

As you mentioned, you should be able to do the whole FXT export from Tickstory alone and immediately start getting 99% back-tests in MT4.

Regards.