Export to MT4 - Ask Price bug

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Roberto

Export to MT4 - Ask Price bug

Post by Roberto »

I downloaded different symbols (I pickep 3 different symbols like EURUSD, EURJPY, AUDNZD) and on everyone I get the same result, the ASK price started to increase on every tick and then went off my tester screen (the spread was increasing allways). The Bid price looks fine but the Ask Price wont stop increasing. By the way I have the TickDataSuite from Birt installed so I am sure I am not getting mixed fxt and hst data from the Meta4 Historic Center. I checked that the message "with TickData Suite 1.2.1" appeared on top of my platform. I also cleaned all fxt and hst data on the corresponding directories before I run the last software. I also downloaded the last version.
I opened the tester using the visual mode option and I did not chose the start and end date as Birt recommends. I wrote to Birt about this issue and he asked me to check these:

• That you are indeed running MT4 with the Tick Data Suite (the window title bar should say "[Account] [Demo] [Broker] ... with Tick Data Suite 1.2.1").
• That you did not select a custom start and end date by enabling the use date checkbox.
• That you are indeed using the HST and FXT files from the TickStory software.

I hope I am not breaking any rule here by showing Birt recommendations. Anyway, can you please check this behavior? What am I doing wrong?

best regards.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Export to MT4 - Ask Price bug

Post by admin »

Hi roberto,

I haven't yet used Birt's TDS but I'll answer what I can. Firstly, I'm not sure where you see the Ask price increasing - is that in MT4 historical screen? If you could point me to it exactly I can firstly see if its a issue from the data that is being generated by Tickstory.

Thanks!

Roberto

Re: Export to MT4 - Ask Price bug

Post by Roberto »

The issue is resolved when choosing the correct format for the tick data that was being exported. It was my mistake.

All I had to do was choosing the following options:

1. Export to file
2. Data Output: Timeframe: Tick
3. Output format: Pre-defined: Generic tick format (comma delimited)

After that I run the CSV2FXT script and converted the tick data csv file to the corresponding fxt and hst files. Now everything is running ok when I do the backtesting. The instructions to run CSV2FXT script are at Birt´s website.

I haven´t tried yet the " Export to MT4 " option, but will try soon.

thanks a lot!