0.8 - not finding MT4 installations

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
quicksilver03

0.8 - not finding MT4 installations

Post by quicksilver03 »

I have just downloaded v0.8 and it doesn't recognize any MT4 installation I have. The steps to reproduce the issue:

download MT4 from Alpari UK (url is: http://www.alpari.co.uk/files/site_uk/0 ... set_up.exe)+
install MT4 to C:\Forex\MT4
launch TickStory Lite
choose File > Settings
go to MT4 Settings
next to MT4 Installation, click Select
choose the C:\Forex\MT4 directory

Observed behavior: a dialog box titled "Invalid location" pops up, with the message "This does not appear to be a valid MT4 installation directory."
Expected behavior: TickStory Lite recognizes the MT4 installation

I have also tried with the MT4 v432 linked in this forum (the one at http://www.multiupload.nl/2AB9S9505T) and I get the same error.

tickstory

Re: 0.8 - not finding MT4 installations

Post by tickstory »

Hi Quicksilver,

Many thanks for listing the detailed steps you are taking. Before you start up Tickstory and select the installation directory, could you please start up Metatrader at least once. The first run of Metatrader creates the necessary files for Tickstory to recognise it as a valid installation (i.e. it checks the 'history' directory for the various servers that are available).

Hope this helps.

quicksilver03

Post by quicksilver03 »

Thanks for your reply, if I start MT4 at least once, then Tickstory recognizes the directory as a valid installation.

Could you please reword the "Invalid location" dialog box to suggest to run MT4 at least once? For example, something like:

"This does not appear to be a valid MT4 installation directory. Run MT4 at least once, then try installing TickStory again".

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the suggestion. The message has been clarified and will be effective in the next version.

Regards.