Export of MT4 Symbol Properties

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
hypernics

Export of MT4 Symbol Properties

Post by hypernics »

Hello,
The properties what I set for exporting does not match what I got in the fxt files with XAUUSD.
Broker: Armada Markets

Here is the settings what I use to export data:
My settings
My settings
My settings
My settings
Here is what I got in FXT editor (also in metatrader test):
FXT header
FXT header
After export I have to set Digits to 3, Point to 0.01, Lot size to 100.

tickstory

Re: Export of MT4 Symbol Properties

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hypernics,

Thanks for taking the time to raise this issue. We have identified the problem - it is specifically related to the fact that you are mapping the symbol (i.e. XAUUSD->XAUUSD.arm) which causes the system to take default values for that symbol (i.e. 5 digits, etc). A fix has been made and will be available as soon as possible.

In the mean-time, the workaround is to use the MT4 Editor to correct the values.

Regards.

d4amenace

Post by d4amenace »

I have tried the manual fix using the mt4 data editor....when I do this and use with birts backtester I get zero divide errors....my broker (profiforex) also uses a suffix (v).

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi d4amenace,

Do you get the zero divide error only after editing the FXT file or before as well?

We will try to release a fix asap, however would like to make sure that are no other related issues.

Thanks.

d4amenace

Post by d4amenace »

The error happens only after I edit the data.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi d4menance,

Could you please assist us by providing more details such as:

1) Are you changing any values when you edit the data?
2) Do you get the problem when using the Tickstory launcher rather than Birt's TDS?
3) What is the symbol you are trying this on along with date range?
4) Have you tried using the standard MT4 Build 432 to see if you get the same problem?

Any other information you think might be relevant would help as well.

Thanks for your assistance.

d4amenace

Post by d4amenace »

ts1.png
1)The first box is the Tick Story EA provided broker data that I initially used for downloading tick data. The second box is the data editor opening of 15m on XAUUSD after download. I then open the TS Data Editor and change these incorrect values, in the second box, for what they should be in the first box. This causes the zero divide error.

2) I have tried to run backtest opening using just birt's TDS and Tick Story MT4 launcher with the same results.

3) The symbol I am using is XAUUSD. I have 5 years of data (7/1/2008 to 7/1/2013) This must be where the problem is since dukascopy using a lot of decimal places in their prices for metals. I have not had this problem with currencies under the assumption that it is because typically most brokers use the same amount of decimal places for currency pairs. (The 5 digit brokers).

4) I have not tried using MT4 432 because metaquotes has gotten very smart and forces you to upgrade any version you open to 509 regardless, since at some point you have to log on to an account to get broker feed. It immediately senses an old version and updates.

*Note: The downloaded Dukascopy data has 3 or 4 decimal places worth of pricing in their ticks which is the reason why XAUUSD must be changed for my broker. (Downloaded Dukascopy sample price 1025.2632.... what is necessary for my broker 1025.26)

Also very interesting is the fact that I can backtest with the downloaded incorrect decimal places feed of XAUUSD but of course the test is wrong since too many decimal places are used.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi d4menace,

Many thanks for the additional info. We are in the process of seeing whether we can reproduce your issue. Couple more questions that will assist:

- Can please confirm that it stops on a "standard" EA such as the "MACD Sample" provided with MT4?
- Is there a particular date range we can use where you know the back-test will stop? Ideally, we need the shortest period required to reproduce the error (a few days would be the best).

Regarding point 3), Dukascopy data only has 3 decimal points for metals, so not sure where you are seeing more?

Regarding point 4), could you please download the MT4 Build 432 from here:

http://www.tickstory.com/files/MetaTrader432.7z

This Metatrader installation will not automatically update as it does not connect to any broker. If you could try this, it would narrow down the issue further.

We will get back to you if we find out further information.

Thanks again.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

v0.9.2 has just been released to address the above two issues. That is:

•[TICKLITE-114] MT4 Export: Export uses incorrect MT4 Info when exporting a mapped symbol.
•[TICKLITE-116] MT4 Editor: Editing FXT file caused crashes/zero-divide errors.

Thanks for your assistance in identifying and reporting the issue.

Trader2384

Post by Trader2384 »

Hi,

I have read through this thread and am still not able to correctly backtest GOLD or GOLDmicro.
I am running the latest version of Tickstory
I have tried on mt4 432 as well as version 509.
For all EAs (included standard ones) It opens only 1 order and immediately closes it.

Thank you :)