CSV data format (Importing to Excel)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
GuidoTick

CSV data format (Importing to Excel)

Post by GuidoTick »

Hello,
I downloaded the files in csv format and opened them both in excel and libreoffice; but when I tried to use the data in the cells to execute some formulas, I realized that they are not in "number" format; moreover, if I try to transform them into "number", they change in another numbers or my cell gives an error signal.

I need to be able to mathematically process the data on excel: is it possible to do this?

thank you

tickstory

Re: CSV data format (Importing to Excel)

Post by tickstory »

Hi GuidoTick,

All numbers are output in standard numeric formats. You might want to load the file in Notepad to view the actual raw field data and make sure it is as you expect. Maybe your spreadsheet is expecting a comma rather than a period or something like that? If so, you will need to adjust your format accordingly.

Thanks.

GuidoTick

Post by GuidoTick »

There is something wrong. i can't import into excel !!!
Example: I try to export ONLY open data of 1s bar of a random day in csv format. I open them in Notepad and the first value is 1.22288. OK
I copy and paste (but if I import it, nothing changes) in a new cell of excel and I find the number 372.28.00, which is also in "hour" format !!! I modify it in "Number" format and I get 15,5194444444444 !!!!!!!!!!
What am I doing wrong???

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi GuidoTick,

If the data is appearing correctly in Notepad, it sounds like there is some issue with your Excel format/import. Check that the period (".") is being considered as a decimal place rather than a separator, for example. All your numeric fields should be formatted as numbers in Excel.

Thanks.

GuidoTick

Post by GuidoTick »

Perfect!!!!
you helped me find the solution .... a bit cumbersome, but it works !!!
Immediately after opening the csv imported in excel, I have to find and replace (automatic mode) all the "." in "," and everything goes back to normal.

thank you!!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Good to hear! You're welcome.