BACK TESTING HELP

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
ysame12

BACK TESTING HELP

Post by ysame12 »

Hello ,
i need know what i'm doing wrong i lunch MT4 with the TICKSTORY launcher ,have the data export to MT4 and everything look great ,but when i start the Backtest the price on the chart is moving but no BAR is showing at all. (VISUAL MODE)(MT4 Build 509).

WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?

THANK YOU

tickstory

Re: BACK TESTING HELP

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ysame,

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. Depending on your timeframe there could be many hundreds/thousands of ticks that are processed before the first bar is formed. You can accelerate the MT4 back-tester by increasing the speed with the glider control near the 'Visual' checkbox in the back-tester. I would suggest having a read through some MT4 forums to find out more about the back-testing process.

Hope this helps.

ysame12

Post by ysame12 »

Thanks for your fast replay,i found what i was doing wrong i think this can help future users, on the BackTesting terminal there is an option to choose the date for the back test and i just ignor it and leave it as default but the default date is from 1970 to present day and i just have 1 year of History Data as soon i enter a correct date work perfect. Some time little things make big diference,i hope this will help future user if they have the same issues.

Thank you
Best regards
Ysame

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi ysame12,

Thanks for letting us know. Wasn't aware that this should cause such a problem.

Kind regards.