No Report after Backtesting

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
LorraineP

No Report after Backtesting

Post by LorraineP »

Hello,

I managed to run a backtest (first partially successful one), but there's no report. What did I do wrong?

This is all I have:

tickstory

Re: No Report after Backtesting

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lorraine,

When you have the MT4 "Optimization" check-box checked, you do not get an individual report tab. Please uncheck this if you want a single-test report.

Thanks.

LorraineP

Post by LorraineP »

Ah Ok thank you so much! Glad it was as simple as that :)

LorraineP

Post by LorraineP »

tickstory wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:57 pm
Hi Lorraine,

When you have the MT4 "Optimization" check-box checked, you do not get an individual report tab. Please uncheck this if you want a single-test report.

Thanks.
So what is the advantage of optimization? What should I look or when using it?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lorraine,

The Metatrader Optimization allows you to run your strategy automatically over a series of different parameters and see the results.
You can find the best explanation in the Metatrader User Manual.

Thanks.

LorraineP

Post by LorraineP »

So I unchecked Optimization and I still only had 24% modeling quality. WHY?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lorraine,

Please see this item our FAQ to see the reasons why you are not getting 99% modelling quality and how to resolve it.

From our previous discussion with you on this, note that every Metatrader installation has a different data folder. Therefore, make sure you are testing with the same terminal you have exported to. To double-check that this is the case, make sure that when you select "File->Open Data Folder" in Metatrader. The folder that appears should match with the folder you have configured in Tickstory's File->Settings->Metatrader->Metatrader Data Folder. If these are not matching, make sure you are testing with the correct Metatrader terminal.

Thanks.

LorraineP

Post by LorraineP »

I'm using the exact terminal that you guys used during teamviewer session. Tech support said this is the correct terminal to use. I double checked it anyways and indeed the terminal I'm using matches the one in tickstory. I've already exported EURUSD data for the time range selected.
I will look at the link you sent me though. If I can't get this working soon, I'm going to cancel my subscription. Ridiculous to have been paying for nearly two months now and cannot back test anything. Frustrating.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lorraine,

Good to know that your data folder configuration matches. That was the only gotcha we could think of which is why it was mentioned.

The steps for back-testing should always be the same and repeatable:

1) Select correct Metatrader folder and server (one time configuration),
2) Export at least 3 months of data for symbol X. If your symbol name is called "Y" on MT4 (eg. Tickstory symbol name is EURUSD and MT4 symbol name is EURUSDm), then make sure you specify this in the "Map to" field in the Export settings.
3) Start MT4 with Tickstory and then;
4) Select Symbol X in the MT4 Strategy Tester - make sure you have selected "Every tick" modelling method.
5) Begin your back-test in Metatrader 4.

Please follow these steps closely as there is nothing more to know about the back-testing process.

Thanks.