backtest stops immediatly upon starting

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
hallfonce

backtest stops immediatly upon starting

Post by hallfonce »

Hello,

I already posted about the same issue on WWI forum, but I though it would be better to post it here as well:
http://worldwide-invest.org/threads/152 ... post187819

I'm facing an issue while backtesting EAs on any other pair than EURUSD and GBPUSD. All pairs are well exported to MT4 using last version of tickstory with the following settings:
tickstory_settings.jpg
tickstory_settings.jpg (9.9 KiB) Viewed 15311 times
I launch MT4 using ticktstory for preventing history files overwriting. History files look ok in tester/history folder:
audnzd_history_files.jpg
My problem is that backtest stops immediatly upon starting (please check attached backtest report)...

I probably did something wrong to get this result, but I don't know what because I cannot see any error in EA journal.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Failed_backtest.zip
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 664 times

tickstory

Re: backtest stops immediatly upon starting

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hallfonce

Thanks for the detailed information. From your back-test results showing a modelling quality of 99.9%, it appears that you are correctly using the Tickstory exported data.
Unfortunately we don't provide support for specific EAs as it's obviously difficult to trouble-shoot the many reasons why a EA might not work. I would as a starting point try the standard MACD EAs that come with MT4. Other things that might be causing the issue are excessive spread, incorrect lot-sizes settings and so forth.

Hope thish elps.

hallfonce

Post by hallfonce »

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the quick reply!

It does not look like it's related to any specific EA, because the same thing happens when testing any EA on any other pair than GBPUSD or EURUSD. You will find an attached backtest on AUDNZD with MACD sample from original MT4 install which gives the exact same result.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Failed_backtest_MACD_sample.zip
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 659 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hallfonce,

Please check your MT4 export settings or just try the "factory default" config files to narrow down the problem. Also worthwhile to create an EA that sends an order unconditionally to see if it appears or whether you are getting some errors due to incorrect lot steps, etc.

Hope this helps.

janko

Post by janko »

I have noticed the same thing, but only if I start MT4 directly from desktop. If I run it from Tickstory then it will work like it should. After the Tickstory installed its history, I can not backtest anything if I run it directly from destkop.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Janko,

Yes, it is mandatory to launch MT4 from Tickstory otherwise it will not use the tick data correctly and you will encounter errors.

REgards.