This does not appear to be a valid MT4 installation

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Autonomous

This does not appear to be a valid MT4 installation

Post by Autonomous »

I'm using MT4 version 4 build 1335 in portable mode which launches and works perfectly however when I try to use Tick Story it does not recognize the MT4 installation. Tick Story does recognize the "Server name:" and the "MT4 Data Folder:". I'm using the /portable in command line args and I have literally read and attempted everything suggested in previous related posts to no avail.

This is the first time I have attempted to utilize Tick Story in portable mode and would appreciate any suggestions other than linking me to your old forum posts that clearly do not resolve the issue.
TickStoryIssue.PNG

tickstory

Re: This does not appear to be a valid MT4 installation

Post by tickstory »

Hi Autonomous,

Usually this error occurs when Metatrader has not been started at least once (or if you are trying to select a Metatrader 5 installation, instead of a Metatrader 4 installation but this doesn't seem to be your case). It could complicate things if you already have a portable and non-portable installation and your folders should ideally be cleaned up to prevent any confusion. This could help resolve the issue.

If you are still having difficulty, please consult this post if you would like to override the error message.

Thanks.

Autonomous

Post by Autonomous »

I had to uninstall & reinstall MT4 to get this working properly that was the only solution.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Good to hear it's working - thanks for letting us know how you solved it.