Problem Importing Data in MT4

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Keldrilh

Problem Importing Data in MT4

Post by Keldrilh »

Hello,

First of all I say that I have downloaded ITA.IDX and USATECH.IDX with the same parameters:

Same Timeframe (1 minute)
Same Period (From 1 September 2021)
Same Build (Pre-Build 545)

And I have downloaded them all in a specific folder on the desktop.

Also all others parameters are exactly the same for both of them and I'm sure about this because I have checked it more than once.

Basically when I go to history center in mt4, the ITA.IDX are loaded correctly and I can correctly visualize them on the chart.

But USATECH.IDX are not loaded and are not imported in the chart.

When I select the file to import for the ITA.IDX chart, the historical data appears in the window as you can see in the first screenshot attached, and data are correctly imported in the chart when confirmed.

When I select the file to import for the USTECH.IDX chart, as you can see from the second screenshot attached, the windows remains white, and the data are not imported in the chart.

How can I solve this problem, please?

Any help would be appreciated,
thanks a lot,

Keldrilh
Attachments
USTECH.jpg
ITA.jpg

tickstory

Re: Problem Importing Data in MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Keldrilh,

It looks like you are trying to use the "Import" function of MT4 which is not necessary when using Tickstory. Tickstory allows you to directly export into MT4 in a few simple steps as shown in this video. The only thing extra to note is that during the process of specifying your export settings, make sure you "Map" Tickstory's symbol name to the corresponding symbol name in your broker's terminal. For example, when exporting Tickstory's "ITAEUR.IDX" symbol, select IT40 in the "Map to" field in the MT4 settings tab. This will ensure all the data is put into this symbol's historical data.

More information about the "Map to" feature this mentioned in our user manual and also if you search for "Map to" in this forum.

Hope this helps.

Keldrilh

Post by Keldrilh »

Thanks a lot of your answer.

The problem was the name, in my broker the Nas100 is called USTEC.

After changing it in the setting tab it worked perfectly.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear it's resolved, Keldrilh!