'Access to the path is denied'

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
render86

'Access to the path is denied'

Post by render86 »

After upgrading to your latest version, I changed the desired MT4 and tried to download data through Tickstory to it. Yet when I attempt to start the export, instead of the percentage of the data downloaded I see the following message: 'Access to the path is denied'.

render86

Re: 'Access to the path is denied'

Post by render86 »

For a record, I am using Windows 8.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Render86 - does this post assist you:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=310

Thanks.

traderjoe

Post by traderjoe »

I have this same problem. I tried to put the dukascopy data store file on another harddrive but the problem persists. Never had this problem with previous versions.

All out of ideas right now...

traderjoe

Post by traderjoe »

I forgot to say that just like render86 I switched to windows 8 too very recently...

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Traderjoe,

Did you follow the post given above? It should help you as the issue is related to a change made in v1.1 to reduce the permissions that Tickstory requested on start-up.

Thanks.

traderjoe

Post by traderjoe »

Yes I think I did everything the post said. Still this "export failed: acces denied.."-message keeps coming back. Could it be because the mt4 files are still under the program files directory?

traderjoe

Post by traderjoe »

Hey I found the solution: the problem is not only the location of the tickstory file, but also the location of the metatrader file. I moved the metatrader file out of the program files and now it's working.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Traderjoe - thanks for letting us know. Yes, Windows 8 does not permit an application to write data to the Program Files directory structure without administration permissions.

Regards.