mt4 indicator "array out of range"

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickwaiting

mt4 indicator "array out of range"

Post by tickwaiting »

hi Tickstory

i have a problem with tick data as follows:

1- if i export to mt4 then launch mt4 via tickstory platform then click start backtest it starts but no trades when i check journal i see the following errors for my custom indicators. indicator 01 array out of range, indicator 02 array out of range, indicator 03 array out of range. etc...

2- but if i close it then launches mt4 from broker platform it run smoothly with same exported data.

3- also if i export to file it runs smoothly too.

what do you think is the issue here? do you think my customized indicators are not running on tick data and if so how to fix it?

im planning to buy the license for more historical data but i want to confirm on lite first that it works with my customized indicators and ea.

looking forward to hear from you soon and many thanks for this software 8-)

tickstory

Re: mt4 indicator "array out of range"

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

"Array out of range" indicates that the EA/indicator has not done a bounds check on the array before trying to access it. You'll need to make some sort of check to make sure this error does not occur. For further understanding of what is going wrong, you might want to dump the array to see why there is a difference in data.

You might want to check some of the other discussions relating to the topic of array out of range which may help.

Thanks.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

hi tickstory

thanks i found out the problem and has been fixed by my programmer.

99.9% now

buying the license

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear, Tickwaiting!