Problem in settings

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Tickroll

Problem in settings

Post by Tickroll »

I am trying to go through the downloading process and am getting this in Settings Box:
Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.dukascopy.com'

Any ideas, I am a bit of a newbie!
Last edited by Tickroll on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Re: Problem in settings

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickroll,

Not sure what settings box you are referring to, however it sounds like you firstly need to test your internet connection by:

1) In Tickstory, going to File->Settings and;
2) In the Dukascopy settings, "Test" your connection by pressing the button.

If you are getting an error, this means that your internet connection is not working correctly and you will need to fix this before continuing.

Hope this helps.

Tickroll

Post by Tickroll »

Hi Tickstory,

You were right, the connection has now been sorted!

But now I am getting; 'Error occurred during download: Access to the path 'C:/Program Files (X86)/Tickstory Lite/XAUUSD/2008/10/08'
Then finally; 'Error, The operation has timed out'

Really appreciate your help!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickroll,

Please refer to this post to help you resolve the issue:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=310

Thanks.

Tickroll

Post by Tickroll »

Hi Tickstory,

Getting there, thanks to your help!

OK, I have managed to download the data, I followed your advice I moved it to C:
then chose it in settings, it downloaded fine.

But, now when I launch MT4 from Tickstory, the new data doesn't appear, instead
I get the normal 6 months of data from my dodgy Broker, and modelling quality is
34%.

What now? Many thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ticktroll,

It doesn't appear that you are using the data you have exported from Tickstory. Make sure you have selected the correct "MT4 Server" in your Tickstory settings - if you have two separate servers it is possible that you have downloaded to the incorrect one. In MT4, you can check the historical data that it is currently using by going to the Tools->History Center. Make sure that the symbol and corresponding dates you have exported match up. If they don't, you have exported to the incorrect location. Also, make sure you have launched MT4 via the Tickstory laucher (press F8 in Tickstory), otherwise MT4 will not correctly use your data.

Regards.

Tickroll

Post by Tickroll »

Hi Tickstory,

I have checked both platform's History Centers, they don't contain the downloaded data!

However, there is a folder called XAUUSD in the Tickstory Lite main Folder, which is what
I downloaded. Also, the downloaded data appears at Broker's 'tester/history' Folder location.

Any ideas where I go from here?

Also, what is the exact start date of XAUUSD H4 data, please. As, I selected 5 years?

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickroll - this is the problem by the sounds. You need to export the symbol as it appears in your MT4 terminal. So if, for example, your MT4 uses the symbol "GOLD", should:

- In Tickstory, select XAUUSD and the date range (see http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155 for information about the available date ranges).
- In the MT4 Settings for XAUUSD, set the "Maps to" field to GOLD.
- Wait for the export to complete and then perform the usual steps to commence back-testing (Launch MT4 via Tickstory, etc).

Hope this helps.

Tickroll

Post by Tickroll »

Wow, how exciting it works, very nice!

1 It's only backtesting in 'Every Tick Mode', it won't work in 'Open Prices Only', please help?
2 I tried to deploy the MQ4 script, to get my Broker's settings, does it work
on the weekends, when the Markets are closed?
3 Why doesn't it save the 'Map to' input & also the Data Export Inputs, it seems
to save everything else?

Thanks again

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Good to hear, Tickroll. Re: your questions:

1) Tickstory only exports tick data. If you wish to use open prices, then you don't need to go through all this procedure and simply use the data your broker gives you.
2) You can execute it in the Strategy tester.
3) We are changing this procedure in the revamp of Tickstory so you wont need to specify these details each time.

Regards.