Problem to convert info XAUSUD to GOLD.

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Rodrigo Paitach

Problem to convert info XAUSUD to GOLD.

Post by Rodrigo Paitach »

Hi tickstory,

I would like to know the following, when I exported the information from peers, the program did not export the metal like GOLD, as the broker calls. I tried to export anyway, but I get an error when calculating the values ​​of the ticks in the test. The program should recognize as brokers call the gold, silver and other, happens very XAUUSD, XAGUSD and others. What can I do to fix this?

I anticipate my thanks for your attention.

tickstory

Re: Problem to convert info XAUSUD to GOLD.

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rodrigo,

To map XAUUSD to GOLD, you need to use the 'Maps To' field in the MT4 Export screen on the 'Metatrader Info' tab.
Step-by-step:

- Select the XAUUSD symbol in Tickstory and then selecting File->Export to MT4
- In the 'Metatrader Info' tab for the symbol XAUUSD, enter 'GOLD' in the Maps To field.
- When complete, you should be able to test in MT4 under the symbol 'GOLD' which will actually contain the data for XAUUSD.

This feature is also described in the user manual.

Regards.

Rodrigo Paitach

Post by Rodrigo Paitach »

Thanks, I will try!
Another question, when I use one timeframe in my strategy, I need to export all timeframes?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rodrigo,

You only need to export the FXT timeframe for the time-frame you wish to test in.

Regards.