Modeling quality n/a

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
hkbohz

Re: Modeling quality n/a

Post by hkbohz »

Dear,
I have done logout according to your instruction. After I have done so, the connection speed bar at the right bottom corner appears "Common error".
I repeated Backtesting. It still returned 90% of Modeling Quality. I have tested 2017/10/07 to 2017/11/03. I assume it doesn't matter.
The report is as shown in the attachment.
What else can I do??
Attachments
Capture.PNG

hkbohz

Post by hkbohz »

Incidentally, even if I am connected to the broker, I can do a 99.9 backtest, only if my MT4 is installed in my C:\
When I move the installation to my NAS disk, the best I can obtain is 90%.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi HkBohz,

If modelling quality is not 99.9%, it means that you more than likely haven't mapped your symbol correctly to your MT4 symbol name. What is the symbol name in your MT4 and have you ensured that you have specified this symbol name in the "Map to" field when exporting your data?

Thanks.

hkbohz

Post by hkbohz »

I am doing USDJPY.
What do you mean symbol not mapped correctly? I think it's automatically done by Tickstory?
When my MT4 is in my C:. Everything is working like a charm.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the extra detail about the NAS drive. Have you ensured that your "MT4 data folder" in Tickstory settings matches with your Data Folder in Metatrader (File->Open data folder)? Have you correctly configured "portable mode" as described in the manual to ensure MT4 is reading data from your NAS folder?

hkbohz

Post by hkbohz »

I tried with my local drive, and it worked. I gave up on installing data on my NAS. never mind.
Thanks though

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hkbohz,

Good to hear that it's working, but if you need to use an external drive in the future, please check out this thread which discusses the topic step-by-step:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =619#p4656

There is also a section in the manual about MT4's "portable mode" which will help you store all your MT4 data on your alternate drive (regardless of whether you are using Tickstory or not). Just make sure you assign a drive letter to your network drive so it appears like a "normal" drive.
If you have any further issues, please let us know in a new thread (or appropriate existing thread).

Thanks!

delbroooks

Post by delbroooks »

HI I recently subscribed to the TickStory Tick data service. I faithfully downloaded the data for EUR/GBP, EUR/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/GBP,USD/CAD and AUD/USD from your server into your desktop app. Then I uploaded the same data into my MT4 built 1090. My expert advisory uses every incoming tick (both bid and ask with millsecond time stamp). Now, when I simulate my Expert Adviser I get only 25% modeling quality. Please help this is urgent.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Delbrooks,

Could you please confirm that you have run through our trouble-shooting check-list for resolving this particular problem:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

If you are still having trouble, appreciate if you can post a few screenshot including:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).

Thanks!

delbroooks

Post by delbroooks »

As a follow up of my previous posts. I put in the Licence number into the tickstory App. Then, I downloaded the tick data from EUR/GBP and EUR/JPY from the server and uploaded it into MT4 followed by starting mt4 session from the Tickstory launcher. My MT 4 back tester still says modelling quality of 25%. Please help.