Error: tester cannot calculate prices

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Zerit0

Re: Error: tester cannot calculate prices

Post by Zerit0 »

Hi all,

Such a long time I didn't test indexes in MT4 but since I am trading again DAX I had to fight against this issue again

I already found a solution that I would like to share in order to shed some light if somebody else is finding the same problem. I tested in different indexes (DAX, CAC, IBEX, DJ, S&P500....) and It worked, also in different brokers.

Steps I follow:

1.- Without downloading any previous data from MT4 neither Tickstory I run a backtest for the EA and asset I want to test, TF doesn't matter.
2.- Automatically it will generate a FXT file, you can find it in the /tester/history folder from your MT4 Data Folder
3.- Go to Tickstory->Tools-> Data MT4 Editor, pick up the file created in previous step.
4.- Now you will see all the information related to the asset to trade (in my case DAX for IG broker, attached)
5.- Go to Tickstory and download tick data, in the Metatrader Info tab just copy the information from previous step and Save it as a template. (mt4config)
6.- In tester->history folder every fxt for the TF chosen should now appear, they should be as "View mode only". (You can further test repeating step 3 for the FXT generated)
7.- Run MT4 from Tickstory and get a nice balance curve ;)

As you can see it's so easy, hope this few steps avoid you wasting time looking for 99% backtests.

Best Regards!
Attachments
tick.jpg

thelegend

Post by thelegend »

EURGBP & EURJPY still got Error: tester cannot calculate prices
Attachments
eurgbp.jpg

Antonov-EA

Post by Antonov-EA »

Hi, is it really not possible, that your script get all datas from ALL symbols that are available in the terminal and we, the user, edit the created file and replace the names of the sysmbols to the right one.
its very tricky to work on indices with tickstory very tricky...
i get tester can not calculate prices etc... and i typed the right datas from my script and still not working.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vladimir,

Don't forget you can use this method to obtain the more "obscure" details from a symbol so you can configure your MT4 settings correctly:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

Hope this helps.

Marcel83

Post by Marcel83 »

Dear together,

i have the problem that he shows me "Tester: cannot calculate prices on the pass 5768942898349"

What that mean?