Invalid file error (was: About the FXT problem)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
fxchess

Invalid file error (was: About the FXT problem)

Post by fxchess »

dear Tickstory
very thank you for your tickstory software
but when i use it to do backtest at built 432
it is always show invalid file on EURUSD60
when i test the period from 2007.04.01 to 2013.01.09
it is always happen at 2010.10.25
my fxt was crate by csv2fxt from Birt's EA review ,it use real spread
can you help me , thank you!

Fxchess

admin
Site Admin

Re: Invalid file error (was: About the FXT problem)

Post by admin »

Hi fxchess,

This is most likely due to your FXT file being greater than 2GB. At the moment does not support this, so you have 2 choices:

- Break your back-test down into say yearly exports.
- Use Tick Data Suite (a third-party product) which supports > 2GB FXT files.

Hope this helps.

jupp76

Post by jupp76 »

hi ,

I am really amazed about tickstory, great but ...

I am using birts suite and when I manually collect and convert data it works great with my Teststation Mt4 419.
So after discovering your product my dreams come true, so I downloaded and made a test, but I also get that "invalid file error" and "no data for testing" .
I had no problem with bigger than 2 GB files.

Do you guys have a idea how this can be solved?

Do I have to try another Build?

thanks Jupp

jupp76

Post by jupp76 »

hmm, my post was not posted, so once again....

I am really amazed about your product, it can really save a lot of time.

But I am using birts suite but still get the "invalid file error" and "no data for testing" , but I can use bigger
than 2gb files. I am using mt4 419.

Do you have ideas how to solve this? Should I use another build?

thasnk jupp

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi jupp76,

Appreciate if you could use a supported version such as MT4 Build 432 so we can limit the number of variables trying to reproduce and identify the issue. Ideally if you could try identify a small subset of exported data (such as 1 month) that causes your issue then this would help expedite the process.

Thanks!

P.S. Your first post was successful however it needs to be approved first unfortunately due to spam posts.

jupp76

Post by jupp76 »

Hi,
i have used 432 and the newest 482 and in both at 2008.02.13 15:06 the tester stops with "invalid data" for GBPUSD M5. I got no problems on other Time Frames ?

Since that I have tested with USDCAD and AUDNZD and had no issues, I would thing the Data is corupted for GBPUSD?

do you have any ideas?

thanks

jarora

Post by jarora »

Yes. i also used 432 and the newest 482 and in both at 2008.02.13 13:48 the tester stops with "invalid file" for AUDUSD60. Where is the problem?
jupp76 wrote:Hi,
i have used 432 and the newest 482 and in both at 2008.02.13 15:06 the tester stops with "invalid data" for GBPUSD M5. I got no problems on other Time Frames ?

Since that I have tested with USDCAD and AUDNZD and had no issues, I would thing the Data is corupted for GBPUSD?

do you have any ideas?

thanks

jupp76

Post by jupp76 »

It, seems that I have the same problem with GBPYEN on 1-30 Minutes. It stopps on some date in 2008.
So I have to turn to birts complete solution again :(

thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi jupp76,

Thanks for the information - could you please let us know the date range you have exported for both symbols. Does it stop on exactly the same date for GBPJPY?
The issue is actively being investigated and will let you know when there is an update.

Regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Thanks for your assistance to trouble-shoot this issue. We've managed to reproduce the issue which was due to MT4 not liking zero volume bars. To help address the issue there have been two items added to the system:

•[TICKLITE-89] MT4 Export: Volume can never be zero (to resolve issue TICKLITE-60). Zero volume bars will be set to 1.
•[TICKLITE-74] MT4 Export: Allow suppression of volume information when generating export.

Users can now select to either suppress volume information altogether (default) or have it output volume that will never be zero.

Would be good to hear from all who were having the issue to ensure it resolves their problem.

Thanks.