A few feature requests ...

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
mandelmus

A few feature requests ...

Post by mandelmus »

Thanks for the great software!!

I have a few feature requests

• Would you consider having Tickstory retain the most recent settings and “Metatrader Info” (like the spread and broker data, etc.) on all settings screens … perhaps the settings could be saved in some form of config file or settings file we could save and load later

• Since Tickstory doesn’t currently retain the broker and spread info, I sometimes forget to load it prior to exporting data to MT4. Until Tickstory retains that data, would you consider adding a reminder to load the broker and spread data prior to exporting to MT4.

• In the list of currency pairs, would you consider giving us an option to “check or uncheck” our favorite currency pairs to always download … as opposed to always having to highlight selected pairs every time? It would be great to have a “favorites list” of currency pairs that we use for our daily updates.

• I noticed that when I stop processing a download, Tickstory will continue reporting the “Earliest date” and “Last date” as if all the data had been downloaded. This can get confusing when I later try to remember which files have been fully downloaded or not. I know Tickstory will automatically download the missing data, but it would be nice to know which files are complete vs. partial so I can finish a download overnight. Also, would you consider adding a status bar indicating how much data of each symbol has been downloaded, similar to what bittorrent uses.

tickstory

Re: A few feature requests ...

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mandelmus,

Thanks for your suggestions. In response to the items you mentioned:

- Saving the last settings used is on the list of things to do.
- Regarding the Metatrader Info, if you save your settings as "Default" it will automatically use these settings each time you export.
- The symbol selection is being reworked so we'll take this into consideration with the design.
- The earliest date is intended to represent the earliest date you have downloaded. There may be additional analysis features in a later version, however specifically for analysing the data rather than what has been download.
Incidentally, it would take the same amount of time to check for the data gaps as to download the whole range again since it would be exactly the same process of checking what data exists on disk.

Regards.