Useability - how I (want to use) TickStory

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
JohnTaylorHK

Useability - how I (want to use) TickStory

Post by JohnTaylorHK »

Hi All,

Weekly, I want to perform latest 20 day (1 calendar month) backtesting/optimisation on several EAs on about 7 pairs. Each test takes about 5 hours, and is conducted as follows:

1. Download and create .FXT files for each pair, store these in a base location. I use TickStory for this now. I need to click on "export to MT4", then "last month" then ok.
2. Distribute those files to 7 MT4 instances. I use a spreadsheet tool to do this. Alternatively, I could use TickStory to create the files directly into the instance directories, but this would require typing in the paths for each export.
3. Start the MT4 instances using TickStory. I need to type in the paths for each of the 7 instances. Error-prone and a pain.
4. Setup tester using templates.
5. Run the tester on each instance and wait for them all to complete.

It would be enormously helpful if some batch capability was available to drive this process.

Best

John

tickstory

Re: Useability - how I (want to use) TickStory

Post by tickstory »

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll consider what improvements can be made for you and others that use Tickstory in this way. Would be good to receive feedback from others if this is similar to the way they work.

Regards.