Only Download new Data and not all

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
imbissbronko

Only Download new Data and not all

Post by imbissbronko »

Hi,

i am working for one year now with tickstory but what i think could be better in future is.

We have an folder where the downloaded tickdata is stored. Now when i say i need data from 2010- 2018 and say export to mt4 than tickstory is downloading data. Ok But after some month when i want to add new data to my old and say 2010- 2018.11.1 than tickstory also download the old data and download all again. Why? Why not only add the new files into and export it to mt4. Or did i do something wrong?

So for future update it will be better to download only the new ticks and not everytime all.

Also if i run 3-4 symbols at once i will get server errors. It is only working with 1 symbol.

bobstar

Re: Only Download new Data and not all

Post by bobstar »

yes I agree, it'll be very useful.
Tickstory Support please answer !

tickstory

Re: Only Download new Data and not all

Post by tickstory »

Hi there,

Thanks very much for the votes on this one. We totally agree that this is an important feature. A few other pressing items that keep pushing this back.
We're planning to get a few more data-sources out ahead of this as this is a popular request as well. Appreciate your patience while we try ramp things up a bit now that v1.9 is out.

Thank you for your suggestions and don't think we've forgotten you - software development can be a time-consuming passion! ;)