Settings window files obscured on MT4 tab

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
blott

Settings window files obscured on MT4 tab

Post by blott »

HI,
After I select the MT4 destination and return to the MT4 tab, the select button obscures the full file path, so I can't verify if I have the correct path or not.

Could the select buttons be moved or the window made slightly larger to show the full files path?

Thanks,

Mike

tickstory

Re: Settings window files obscured on MT4 tab

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll look into a way around this, although don't you know the correct path by having selected it in the 'folder selection' screen?

Regards.

blott

Post by blott »

Many a slip twixt cup and lip! How often we think we have something correctly selected, only to find our hand/eye co-ordination is not as we expect. It would be nice to visually confirm the correct selection. Besides, what is the reasoning behind having a piece of data obscured? It introduces an element of uncertainty.

Mike

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mike - understand what you're saying and we will look at adding a tool-tip or the like. Widening the window isn't really a solution since what may be sufficient for one person will undoubtedly not be sufficient for another.

Regards.

blott

Post by blott »

HI,. I thought maybe the two Select boxes could be moved a tad down, along with the Server Name line.
Not being a programmer, I'd best leave the solutions to you, though sometimes an outside view can be refreshing. Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings...:-)

Cheers,

Mike