a fix spread for each hour

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
gooly

a fix spread for each hour

Post by gooly »

Hi again,

I know from Birt's Earview that you can use either real-spread between Ask and Bid (and no volume!) or a fixed (self-set) spread (with volume is available). So you don't have to accept the actual spread of the broker which differs throughout the day and reaches its max. normally right before the market closes on Fr. - so for the weekend.

I think it would be a nice and realistic feature to be able to define a fix spread for each hour?

I started thinking for the EURUSD at one spread from 8-21h (Euro- ans USA-market hours) and another spread when those markets are closed,
then I thought why not systematically for each hour separately. If you will realize this variable spread 24 different spread is only a bit more work than two different time-bound spreads - in case the real Ask-Bid-spread replaces the volume, like Birt seems to do it.

Regards, Gooly

tickstory

Re: a fix spread for each hour

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

Thanks for the suggestion. What you describe is technically a variable spread since MT4 only allows you to set the spread once in the exported data. If you are proposing any spread that varies, it will need to be embedded in the volume in the same way that the real-spread works. Outside of this limitation, the idea is still useful as a potential feature when exporting MT4 data with variable spreads.

Thanks.

gooly

Post by gooly »

HI,
I guess that's why Birt's TDS allows you to set either the use of the real spread of Bid and Ask of the tick-data or the volumes of a bar.
But one has to launch MT4 by either your program or Birt's TDS and speculated that this might enable an option to manipulate the data 'send' to the MT4-terminal?
Thanks for all your effort,
Gooly

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

What is happening is a two-step process - in the first step, all the spread information is written to the data file. In the second step, the launcher facilitates the use of this information without it getting overwritten by MT4. In the case of the variable spread feature of Birt's TDS, this effectively changes the behaviour of MT4 so uses the volume data as the spread.

Hope this explains.