set dld-time, split tick-files.csv and parallelize steps?

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
gooly

set dld-time, split tick-files.csv and parallelize steps?

Post by gooly »

Hi
I am waiting now for the close of markets to start the tick-data download of Strategy Quant to download the dukas-data.

First suggestion:
I don't know whether it would be meaning full for Tickstory but it would be very nice to be able to tell the downloader to start the download at a specific time let's say 2 hours after the markets closed, either be start in (pls enter): 2 from now or by giving a specific start-time?

Startegy's. Quant-Dld-Prg. first downloads the missing recent data and then re-builds the whole csv-Tickdata-file.csv, market by market.

Second suggestion:
Separate the dld-process from the csv-creation process to enable us to run parallel - possible?

Third suggestion:
The csv-Tickdata-file is needed for a script to be run in MT4 to create the MT4-typival history-files.
Would it be possible to split the one and big (EURUSD.CSV has 8 GB, which is re-written every update!) Quant-csv-file into several files, let's say one for each year?
So that only the actual year has to be re-created? My Dukascopy's database has the size of ~165 GB and I put it on an external USB-Disk (not needed regularly) and that slows down my monthly update process. It needs for all available Dukascopy-markets more than 12h. It would be very nice if it were faster..

Regards

tickstory

Re: set dld-time, split tick-files.csv and parallelize steps

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

Thanks for your suggestions. Some comments are below.
First suggestion:
I don't know whether it would be meaning full for Tickstory but it would be very nice to be able to tell the downloader to start the download at a specific time let's say 2 hours after the markets closed, either be start in (pls enter): 2 from now or by giving a specific start-time?
We are currently working on a new version of Tickstory that will update the database in real-time. Stay tuned.
Second suggestion:
Separate the dld-process from the csv-creation process to enable us to run parallel - possible?
You do not have to explicitly download a range of data before you export it. By simply clicking on 'Export', the system will automatically download the data for the date range as required. Please have a look at this post for further information on the downloading logic (or consult the manual):

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22
Third suggestion:
The csv-Tickdata-file is needed for a script to be run in MT4 to create the MT4-typival history-files.
Would it be possible to split the one and big (EURUSD.CSV has 8 GB, which is re-written every update!) Quant-csv-file into several files, let's say one for each year?
So that only the actual year has to be re-created? My Dukascopy's database has the size of ~165 GB and I put it on an external USB-Disk (not needed regularly) and that slows down my monthly update process. It needs for all available Dukascopy-markets more than 12h. It would be very nice if it were faster..
Not entirely sure of what you are requesting here, but when generating CSV files, you can select the dates for previous years and create individual CSV files for them.
In our upcoming versions of Tickstory, we will be improving on the speed of the Dukascopy export process.

Regards.