progress bar or s.th. like that on & hint to history

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
gooly

progress bar or s.th. like that on & hint to history

Post by gooly »

Hi,
Now it's the first time for me to create hist-data and the start my mt4.
I'd like to have a some information about what Tickstory is doing and how long it'll still need: on a central place
I started the hist-file creation and nothing can be seen. The log tab is empty..
Finally I found it beside the actually processed currency.
I think a central place would be nicer?

Additionally I think it would be nice, if the user can see what Tickstory previously has done:
- I created for the mt4 the history files - ok.
- Then I started the mt4 to back test - ok!
- While the mt4 was optimizing I stopped Tickstory - ok.
- Then I re-started Tickstory - ok, BUT now I would like Tickstory to tell me that it recently has created the history files for EURUSD from..to.
As I would have forgotten for sure what I have told Tickstory to do, I'd like to have that information´, maybe right beside the pair the the window with the all pairs.

Thanks for your effort, so far it nice a very useful - good work!
Gooly

PS: Can you place a link at you manual site to either your 'home' (and) or the forum?

tickstory

Re: progress bar or s.th. like that on & hint to history

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

We get your drift - more logging information. Given that we're working on a new version with many more features, we'll be looking for a more "centralised" place to put informative messages.

Thanks for your suggestions!

gooly

Re: progress bar or s.th. like that on & hint to history

Post by gooly »

Let me change my suggestion about the info of what Tickstory has done.

I think better would be if Tickstory looks up in the appropriate tester- and history-folders of the defined MT4
may only for the the Symbols (Pairs) that do have valid Tick-histories and shows what are the first and the last date. All other pairs may have no further information.
So each time I start Tickstory I will be informed on which pairs I can start backtests immediately and on which I first have to create the tick-history-files.
I think that's better and I guess easier for you to program and it's all we need!
Thanks Carl