may be s.th. for you to check?

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
gooly

may be s.th. for you to check?

Post by gooly »

Hi again,
finally I started successfully the Mt4 for a back-test, but before Tickstory started not the MT4 directly but but Birt's TickDataSuite.
I had to move the tds.exe out of the expert folder, then Tickstory started the Mt4.
May be there is a way to have you both installed without inter-fearing each other?
I know it's more a cosmetic issue..

And now I found another, a little bit nasty problem. All my tick data are on an extern usb-hd and from there Tickstory created the history files for the optimization. The mt4 was started by Tickstory and is actually running an optimization that will probaly run until tomorrow. Now I want to close (shut) down that usb-hd but Windows tells me, that a program is still using or accessing the usb-hd. Is that Tickstory? I shut down Tickstory, only the mt4 which was started by Tickstory is running. Could it be that some flags weren't changed? It would be nic if you can find a solution. For this time I will just switch off the power :(

Thanks a lot for this great program!!
Gooly

tickstory

Re: may be s.th. for you to check?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

Regarding the Tickstory launcher and TDS, the assumption is that if you have TDS installed it is preferable to use this as it provides a few additional features. Is there any reason why you need the Tickstory launcher to work instead?

With regards to the USB file-locking, are you running your MT4 from the USB disk as well? If so, that's more than likely the culprit. If not, then why don't you simply try exiting Tickstory and see if that rectifies your issue? You do not need to keep Tickstory running during your optimisation. To answer your question, Tickstory should not be locking any of the files on your disk once it has completed the export. You can file a utility called 'Who Lock Me' on the web which should tell you which process has a particular file open. I think we've already discussed this here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221

Hope this helps.

gooly

Re: may be s.th. for you to check?

Post by gooly »

Is there any reason why you need the Tickstory launcher to work instead?
Well first of all I don't expect that Tickstory starts a program to do what itself can do: run mt4 with tick-use,
second I would feel better if Tickstory would give me a choice in this case:
- do you want to start mt4 by Birt's TDS
- or be me, Tickstory,
if Tickstory shall have this option.

Yes you are right now I have downloaded s.th. to check next time. I've already had s.th. but after some time it requests mony, so I deleted it and ran again into that 'trap'.

Gooly