Automating downloading of data

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
bluebox

Automating downloading of data

Post by bluebox »

Hi
Thank-you very much for providing us with such a great data tool. It is of benefit to me to be able to download data for FX in such a straightforward way. If other data-sets were also available then I would also make use of them, such as Commodities!

How I use Tickstory - I have a manual daily routine that Exports to a csv file daily data for the previous day, for all currency pairs. The parameters in the Data Output section and the Custom Output Format section always remain the same for each export, with the exception of me having to change the From and To dates. So when doing this routine on a Thursday I would set the From/To dates to Weds, doing the routine on Friday I set the From/To dates to Thursday.

What I wish to do is to automate this task so Tickstory automatically runs at a specified time on a daily basis. I would then collect the csv files that have been exported for all the currencies, and do my analysis.
For example, to start Tickstory at 0300GMT every day between Mon-Sat, and export to a csv file the previous days daily data for all currencies, using the same custom output format I have already specified.

Thank-you.

tickstory

Re: Automating downloading of data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bluebox,

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestion. We are planning such a feature in the revamped version of Tickstory which should be able to satisfy this requirement.

Hope this helps!

bluebox

Re: Automating downloading of data

Post by bluebox »

Thank-you for your prompt response, and for considering this request.
Its great news to hear you have already planned such a feature.
Should you required more info, then I 'd be happy to assist.
Rgds
Nic