Quick export to file, without missing data check

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
jfroth82

Quick export to file, without missing data check

Post by jfroth82 »

It would be convenient if I can switch off the attempt to check for local missing data when exporting to a file.

Let's say I want to export the last 5 years of data to different candle bars - 5 min, 15 min, 60 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, etc. Each time I run the export the program checks to see if it has all the data locally and if it doesn't it attempts to redownload the missing the data from Dukascopy. In the scenario I described it will go through 5 year's worth of data each time and each time realize there's nothing to re-download. That is a lot of time spent re-checking the same data for anything missing.

It would be a lot more convenient (i.e. faster) if it just did the export without attempting to check for missing data in my local data storage.

I realize this could be dangerous because you could export data with missing parts but at least give us the option of doing this when we know the data is complete.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick export to file, without missing data check

Post by admin »

Hi jfroth,

The main feedback around this seems to be to speed up response times in the export process. There will be some improvement on this front in the next version.

As far as skipping data goes, I think this feature would cause some confusion to a majority of users. It would be better to focus on enhancing the export process instead.

Regards.

jfroth82

Re: Quick export to file, without missing data check

Post by jfroth82 »

I see your point about confusing people. I don't mind if it still does the check for data on the server but as long as it's super fast. It's not a big deal if you're exporting a few weeks of data. But when you're exporting years of data, it becomes painfully slow to do, especially if you already have all the data stored locally.