Downloading and downloading and downloading .....

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
positiveday

Downloading and downloading and downloading .....

Post by positiveday »

Hello, I use Tickstory Lite from some time, I find better and more accurate of other free competitors (like SqLite).
With Tickstory I don't have holes in Dukascopy data.

The feature that I think could be useful is to create an internal database that inform TickStory of still downloaded data.
When I ask to export data, Tickstory should contact Dukascopy server only to download last required data that are not present on hard disk.
Instead it takes a lot of time to require and (could be) check data that were downloaded months ago.
For example could it be possible to create a function to "validate" previously downloaded data.
Could it be also a simple request to the user like : "Accept as good previously downloaded data and request only new data".
Could it be a simple CheckBox.
This feature could quicker create exported data.

Also, I want to be able to choice the interface language.
It's impossible to translate all technical term in local languages and I prefer to read the English interface messages.
:)

tickstory

Re: Downloading and downloading and downloading .....

Post by tickstory »

Hi Postiveday,

Thanks for your feedback. Tickstory does store the downloaded tick data on your hard-drive and does not re-download it from the web unless it is unavailable. You can find further information about this behaviour in the user manual or and on this post: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22

Regarding translations, we are endeavouring to improve them whenever possible. We will note your feedback and perhaps have a language preference setting in a future version.

Regards.